• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans
When I send an invite to a friend, do they have to set up a jamkazam account?
In JamKazam terms invite is an invitation to join a session.
Only people from the friendlist can be invited to a session.

Invitation to be friends is called a request. I assume only people with an account can get a friend request.
(07-16-2020, 09:44 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: In JamKazam terms invite is an invitation to join a session.
Only people from the friendlist can be invited to a session.

Invitation to be friends is called a request. I assume only people with an account can get a friend request.
So, even fans have to have an account?  I thought you could just send them a link to the session?
You can not use JamKazam without an account.
---

Use search function above chat to find persons PROFILE etc. Type their name - and hover mouse cursor over result/name.

CONNECT is friendrequest.

Not all persons can be found - due to special spelling/typing.

Also, you can hover over name in musician, find session, VIEW THE FEED, profile/history etc.

Invites to a session, friend requests etc. appear in "notifications".
(07-16-2020, 09:58 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: You can not use JamKazam without an account.
---

Use search function above chat to find persons PROFILE etc. Type their name - and hover mouse cursor over result/name.

CONNECT is friendrequest.

Not all persons can be found - due to special spelling/typing.

Also, you can hover over name in musician, find session, VIEW THE FEED, profile/history etc.

Invites to a session, friend requests etc. appear in "notifications".
So, if I have friends that are not musicians, just fans, they still have to have and account to listen to a session?
People who do not have an account can actually listen to an ongoing session.
Or rather should be able to - but that function is not working now, for anybody.

Try here - listen to a ongoing session:
> https://www.jamkazam.com/sessions/3824a5...bf5c5305b0

In a hurry - before that session ends

Note listening to (if it otherwise worked) such a link is not using JamKazam. Literally speaking!

It is to use a link from JamKazam.
(07-16-2020, 10:21 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: People who do not have an account can actually listen to an ongoing session.
Or rather should be able to - but that function is not working now, for anybody.

Try here - listen to a ongoing session:
> https://www.jamkazam.com/sessions/3824a5...bf5c5305b0

In a hurry - before that session ends

Note that listening to such a web link is not using JamKazam. Literally speaking!

It is to use a link from JamKazam.
Got there too late.  Ok, that's how I thought it should work, by sending them a link, but when I do it says "unable to broadcast"
Some session are configured to let people listen, others are not ...
(07-16-2020, 10:45 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Some session are configured to let people listen, others are not ...
How do you configure it so they can?  Isn't it just the pull down "fan" option in settings?
Try to go to "VIEW THE FEED".
There you can see some of the sessions have a arrow.
Those sessions are configured to let people listen.
But as already said, the function is not working