• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New User: Can't set up Focusrite Scarlett
Hi, am trying to select and test audio gear for first time with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, and it is not showing in the drop down menus audio input and output ('Built-in' only - see screenshot). Any ideas?
Geoff

Attached Files
.pdf   Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 11.54.31.pdf (Size: 736.1 KB / Downloads: 11)
(06-18-2020, 11:10 AM)GeoffR Wrote: Hi, am trying to select and test audio gear for first time with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, and it is not showing in the drop down menus audio input and output ('Built-in' only - see screenshot). Any ideas?
Geoff
>>>
Geoff,
How did you connect your Scarlett? Did you have it connected when you started JamKazam?
Is it present in System Preferences -> Audio?
Can you select it as I/O device?
That looks like someone trying to set up audio through the jamkazam.com site rather than the app. Perhaps the rather large message that you must set it up from the application is easier to ignore on some machines than others
Geoff,

There are plenty of posts already on the forum - and some pretty good YouTube videos on audio gear setup (search for JamKazam in YouTube). ... but I would start with:

Load the correct Focusrite drivers - download from Focusrite (that helped me lots)
Check it is working - possibly linked to a DAW (audacity was what I used) .... you can get a suitable gain level set easily with that
Load load the JamKazam app and use that (your screenshot does look a bit like the web interface)
When you get to setup up your audio gear - you should be able to select your Focusrite ASIO driver from the input drop down

Hope that helps
(06-18-2020, 06:41 PM)Nick Blair Wrote: That looks like someone trying to set up audio through the jamkazam.com site rather than the app. Perhaps the rather large message that you must set it up from the application is easier to ignore on some machines than others
Thanks Nick - you'd be right!