• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
I've just bought this, to replace my old Lexicon Alpha, which worked fine with JK, though latency at 20ms. I was hoping to reduce latency with the new gear, but JK won't cooperate with the Scarlett - although I can enter the correct ASIO driver with i/o, it told me I needed to do the loopback test. I connected the input jack to the headphone jack, but the test would not run, and after a while,, my laptop crashed. I have tried this many times, and always with the same result. Any ideas anyone?
The same happened for me - with Scarlett 2i2 2th Gen.

JamKazam could not figure the latency out.

I never did that loopback test. But just moved along and played with people in sessions, without any problem.

The stats about gear and so showed my gear latency as 0. In the beginning.

After a period it began to show the latency as 7 or so.

I was only using it for a couple of days, by the way. It was a loan.

Conclusion: You can just try to proceed - as nothing has happened
(05-26-2020, 04:27 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: The same happened for me - with Scarlett 2i2 2th Gen.

JamKazam could not figure the latency out.

I never did that loopback test. But just moved along and played with people in sessions, without any problem.

The stats about gear and so showed my gear latency as 0. In the beginning.

After a period it began to show the latency as 7 or so.

I was only using it for a couple of days, by the way. It was a loan.

Conclusion: You can just try to proceed - as nothing has happened
>>>
I've seen 2i2, 4i4 and 8i6 all not reporting gear latency in the JKZ client (in Windows).
Don't worry about it. Most of the time it doesn't 'read' cpu-load either - pc still runs ...  Big Grin
Many thanks - that's encouraging - I'll give it a try.
(05-26-2020, 07:00 PM)Chris Sugden Wrote: Many thanks - that's encouraging - I'll give it a try.

I'd also encourage you to try the beta USB drivers if you're not using them already. I know they resolved issues I was having with a BSOD issue + a couple other things on a 3rd gen Scarlett Solo.

http://beta.focusrite.com/file.php/?id=1367
(05-26-2020, 07:10 PM)dakao Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:00 PM)Chris Sugden Wrote: Many thanks - that's encouraging - I'll give it a try.

I'd also encourage you to try the beta USB drivers if you're not using them already. I know they resolved issues I was having with a BSOD issue + a couple other things on a 3rd gen Scarlett Solo.

Thanks for the beta suggestion - I haven't been able to download it, even after logging in to Focusrite, but I've sent them an explanatory message, so hopefully they'll get back to me.
(I still haven't been able to get on to a Jamkazam session - it won't let me go forward without testing the "new audio gear", and every time I try to do this, it causes the laptop to reboot, with a loud sound from the laptop speakers. Really frustrating! )
(05-27-2020, 08:14 AM)Chris Sugden Wrote:

Thanks for the beta suggestion - I haven't been able to download it, even after logging in to Focusrite, but I've sent them an explanatory message, so hopefully they'll get back to me.
(I still haven't been able to get on to a Jamkazam session - it won't let me go forward without testing the "new audio gear", and every time I try to do this, it causes the laptop to reboot, with a loud sound from the laptop speakers. Really frustrating! )

>>>
Your findings somewhat baffle me. I have yet to encounter a situation where I've not been able to complete the basic setup and get into a test session to 'tune down' the gear latency. Also never ran into 'the need' to do any loopback test.(??)
(05-27-2020, 10:49 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>
Your findings somewhat baffle me. I have yet to encounter a situation where I've not been able to complete the basic setup and get into a test session to 'tune down' the gear latency. Also never ran into 'the need' to do any loopback test.(??)

Baffling it may be, but here are the messages I get when I try to add new audio gear. It demands that I do a loopback test, but then won't allow the procedure to finish, so I'm back to square 1!
(05-27-2020, 04:22 PM)Chris Sugden Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 10:49 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>

Baffling it may be, but here are the messages I get when I try to add new audio gear. It demands that I do a loopback test, but then won't allow the procedure to finish, so I'm back to square 1!

>>>
I literally just finished setting up the exact same device with a friend on an older Win10 laptop, no issues. Did you try setting the output to 'Focusrite USB ASIO' as well, instead of 'same as input'? - and then the sample rate to 48k and [resync]?
I've just done that - and it works!

In previous attempts, I'd tried both ways - leaving it as "same as input" or manually putting in Focusrite USB, without success, but the change to 48k seems to have made all the difference. Also, I noticed that, without my changing it, the Focusrite buffer size setting has reduced itself to 120, but I'm not going to mess with that, while it's all functioning.

Thank you so much for your help - I really appreciate it! Smile