• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 minutes to load app
Peter from Jamkazam referred my problem to the forum. I am new to Jamkazam and the forum. Any first opening of the app creates the 30 minute delay after powering my Samsung tablet with Windows 10. It stalls on Windows Installer: Preparing to install. After 30 minutes, I get Windows Installer: Install server not responding. The options are retry or cancel. Retry starts another 30 minute hold. Canceling allows the app to open. Once the app opens, using ethernet cord with wifi disabled, closing and subsequent opening of the app works without delay. Enabling wifi at any point creates a 30 minute delay in opening again. I tried a clean boot with no effect. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Larry
(04-03-2020, 05:06 PM)mcdon056@umn.edu Wrote: Peter from Jamkazam referred my problem to the forum. I am new to Jamkazam and the forum. Any first opening of the app creates the 30 minute delay after powering my Samsung tablet with Windows 10. It stalls on Windows Installer: Preparing to install. After 30 minutes, I get Windows Installer: Install server not responding. The options are retry or cancel. Retry starts another 30 minute hold. Canceling allows the app to open. Once the app opens, using ethernet cord with wifi disabled, closing and subsequent opening of the app works without delay. Enabling wifi at any point creates a 30 minute delay in opening again. I tried a clean boot with no effect. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Larry
Same here
I tried a number of Windows fixes without effect, but I found another fix on my own. I took a video of opening the app, and saw better how it appeared the Yamaha Steinberg USB drivers might be the problem.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnqwJetDrMjhgjCklrKQcPT6w8Kh

I went to https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow...river.html and downloaded and installed the current version. Now the Jamkazam app is opening without delay and functioning.
I would definitely make sure all drivers that you can get updated on your system. I've been using this one lately. I've been trying to remote fix my buddies Jam Kazam noise problems with his pc and I updated his pc remotely using TeamViewer which is a Desktop remote control of PC like windows Desktop but a little easier to use, and he said that his PC booted up super faster after all the driver updates. I don't think he has updated the drivers in some time. lol I, unfortunately, don't think his issues are software related after hearing them in the Jam Kazam session. I think it might be Radio Frequency, or electromagnetic interference, which can be an issue with cheaper USB interfaces and older PC's. I told him to connect the audio interface and try it on the other computer they had.

https://www.filehorse.com/download-driverscloud/
Thanks. I went to https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow...river.html and downloaded and installed the current version. Now the Jamkazam app is opening without delay and functioning. Thanks again.
Larry
This is one of the most aggravating problems I've had to solve in a long time. Same issue, would hang on installation. I never left it sitting. Tried contacting support, no replay. Gave up on Jamkazam and was going to reimage my laptop.

Just before reimaging came across this article. I didn't think it would work as I don't use that driver, but then noticed it had popped up in the control panel settings (WHY?).

So downloaded from the site above, installed and finally was able to get past the problem. And the driver control disappeared from the control panel after the successful installation.

Thanks so much for this, just wish it had been posted a few months ago when I first hit the problem.
I vented my frustration with JamKazam, particularly the newest Windows release, in another post a few days ago. After 4 reinstall attempts and numerous configuration changes of my audio interface driver (including reinstall) I was able to get back to a working configuration. Now that I am out the other side of this, I have come to the following conclusions:
1. While JamKazam does support multiple audio configurations with different devices, there seems to be the potential of those configurations to corrupt each other, resulting in no workable configs. Choose one audio device and stick with it
2. Failing or slow installation, or cra$ng or ridiculously slow app performance means it's time to uninstall the app (and likely the audio device driver) and start over. First delete the audio configs (if possible) before uninstalling the app. And reboot the machine. For me, this even included running RegCleaner to remove all references to JamKazam from the Windows Registry. Surprisingly, this does not remove your JK account or your friends/contacts; upon reinstall all of that info will be there.
3. Depending on your audio device, setting its sample rate will have to be done in either the driver app (usually running in the system tray), or some other audio app first, as JamKazam's Windows client doesn't provide a configurable setting. It will puke and throw a Windows notification that your interface doesn't work/doesnt support JK/has no usable sample rate/etc. The result is horrible metallic noise in the output, that basically means the app cannot commend the interface. Granted, there are a multitude of ASIO interfaces out there, but the ASIO standard defines the behavior. I have never experienced an audio app that has so much trouble driving ASIO devices as JamKazam, and I think this is their software's biggest weakness. It appears to cycle thru sample rates on the device trying to find a compatible setting, but I don't believe these notifications. I would recommend setting it to 44,100 KHz or 48,000 Khz first, and then launch JamKazam and see if you can configure the audio device.
Hope this helps