• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No audio signal - Mac Catalina?
Hi, I've got the app set up and am using the recommended Behringer UMC202HD interface. Audio set up has found and activated the interface and I can play a jam track OK but I see no audio signal at all on my track. It's not a problem with the set up as I can record through the interface into other apps including Logic, WavePad and MixPad. Can anyone help? I can't even use Jamkazam as a practice tool let alone try band rehearsals!

regards

Mark
(05-09-2020, 10:25 AM)mark@butterill.plus.com Wrote: Hi, I've got the app set up and am using the recommended Behringer UMC202HD interface. Audio set up has found and activated the interface and I can play a jam track OK but I see no audio signal at all on my track. It's not a problem with the set up as I can record through the interface into other apps including Logic, WavePad and MixPad. Can anyone help? I can't even use Jamkazam as a practice tool let alone try band rehearsals!

regards

Mark
>>>
So, you can successfully setup a solo session and hear your microphone/instrument?
That actually is your first 'test' after a successful setup of your gear.
No, I can’t hear my own track at all, I can just hear the jam track that I want to play along to. I know my keyboard and mic are sending a signal, I can see it at the interface but it’s simply not getting through to Jamkazam. But as I said I can get a signal through to other apps like Logic to make a recording. 

Is this a problem of 64bit Catalina OS? The app installed ok, I didn’t need to force it. It’s weird that the audio player in Jamkazam is happily getting through the interface though.
(05-09-2020, 09:11 PM)mark@butterill.plus.com Wrote: No, I can’t hear my own track at all, I can just hear the jam track that I want to play along to. I know my keyboard and mic are sending a signal, I can see it at the interface but it’s simply not getting through to Jamkazam. But as I said I can get a signal through to other apps like Logic to make a recording. 

Is this a problem of 64bit Catalina OS? The app installed ok, I didn’t need to force it. It’s weird that the audio player in Jamkazam is happily getting through the interface though.
>>>
Forget the play along track for a second. Let's try to get your audio in/through/and back at your audio interface first. Success in other apps also have no bearing on the workings of JKZ.

When you configured your audio gear in JKZ, could you hear the test ping in your headphones?
(05-09-2020, 11:33 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 09:11 PM)mark@butterill.plus.com Wrote: No, I can’t hear my own track at all, I can just hear the jam track that I want to play along to. I know my keyboard and mic are sending a signal, I can see it at the interface but it’s simply not getting through to Jamkazam. But as I said I can get a signal through to other apps like Logic to make a recording. 

>>>
Forget the play along track for a second. Let's try to get your audio in/through/and back at your audio interface first. Success in other apps also have no bearing on the workings of JKZ.

When you configured your audio gear in JKZ, could you hear the test ping in your headphones?
I have the same problem with Catalina- I can here other musicians, test sound and metronome, but sound from my audio interface and even the integrated mic of my MacBook brings no sound into JKZ,  no one can here me, no level in volume level and I'm grey in my display. Same configuration works with DAW, And same audio/network configuration worked three weeks ago with older OS Version.
JKZ was in Quarantäne of Catalina, but to take it out from quarantine, as mentioned in this forum did not help. Any clue?

Meanwhile I found out that Security > Privacy > Microphone > Check JKZ solved at least the Microphone Issue- I will check if this also works now with Audio Interface.

Quick info- meanwhile I can confirm,  checked JKZ in Security>Privacy >>Microphone solved Audio  Interface issue as well.
To be honest I can’t remember. I originally installed Jamkazam about 5 weeks ago. As far as I recall the installation went ok but I never got my signal though. I tried similar live jam apps at the time and faced installation problems and in one case a clear message that Catalina wouldn't work with a 32 bit app. So I uninstalled everything. I had assumed JKZ development had stopped. I just reinstalled this week having seen the emails about crowdfunding. You’ve clearly got something in JKZ that could be a commercial success so I hope you get sorted. What next? I see someone else has the same problem having upgraded their MacOS to Catalina
(05-10-2020, 07:48 AM)mark@butterill.plus.com Wrote: To be honest I can’t remember. I originally installed Jamkazam about 5 weeks ago. As far as I recall the installation went ok but I never got my signal though. I tried similar live jam apps at the time and faced installation problems and in one case a clear message that Catalina wouldn't  work with a 32 bit app. So I uninstalled everything. I had assumed JKZ development had stopped. I just reinstalled this week having seen the emails about crowdfunding. You’ve clearly got something in JKZ that could be a commercial success so I hope you get sorted. What next? I see someone else has the same problem having upgraded their MacOS to Catalina

Did you check Security > Privacy > Microphone for JKZ? This solved my Problem!

(05-10-2020, 08:01 AM)Dee Gee Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 07:48 AM)mark@butterill.plus.com Wrote: To be honest I can’t remember. I originally installed Jamkazam about 5 weeks ago. As far as I recall the installation went ok but I never got my signal though. I tried similar live jam apps at the time and faced installation problems and in one case a clear message that Catalina wouldn't  work with a 32 bit app. So I uninstalled everything. I had assumed JKZ development had stopped. I just reinstalled this week having seen the emails about crowdfunding. You’ve clearly got something in JKZ that could be a commercial success so I hope you get sorted. What next? I see someone else has the same problem having upgraded their MacOS to Catalina

Did you check Security > Privacy > Microphone for JKZ? This solved my Problem!

>>>
Yup do ^^that^^

And while you're there, do the same thing for your camera.
Yes!!!! Thanks guys that does it. Now just need to see if we can get a band jam going. Hope you're doing OK on the latency and drop out issues but well done so far. There are literally hundreds of thousands of locked down musos who will pay for a reliable service!

regards

Mark