• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network setup
Hi,

Apologies for this very basic question. I'm running MacBook Pro. I connected ethernet cable with IP address and its showing connected. But when I try to start Jamkazam, it has trouble loading. Should I turn off wifi? At the moment both wifi and ethernet are showing connected. Blush

Many thanks 
I'm running a MacBook Air and was able to connect Monday night and jam with a few people. However, Since yesterday morning, I have received a "Reattempting to load www.jamkazam.com" error message. Is this similar to your problem, @Terri 716? Any thoughts, @JamKazam?
I dont have an answer but a problem and dont know how to set up a new thread in the forum. I Cant get started
When I try to set up the program I keep getting a message that "UDP is blocked" Can anyone help here. Ihave looked at setting in Norton and in the netgear with no results. HELP please
Thanks
Larry
(04-02-2020, 02:18 AM)larry_kernagis@yahoo.com Wrote: I dont have an answer but a problem and dont know how to set up a new thread in the forum. I Cant get started
When I try to set up the program I keep getting a message that "UDP is blocked" Can anyone help here. Ihave looked at setting in Norton and in the  netgear with no results. HELP please
Thanks
Larry
Hi, Larry!  I ran into this same problem that UDP was blocked after setting up a new modem from Xfinity. What worked for me is to set up port forwarding for UDP on your modem. When you log into your modem, find the advanced settings and look for an option for "port forwarding". Then, select a couple ports (a recommendation I found somewhere on Reddit but can't find the link at the moment), such as 10000-100001, and select either "UDP" or "TCP/UDP", and add/save that port forward. That should allow JamKazam to use UDP and stop the message from appearing. Hope that helps!

(04-01-2020, 09:50 PM)Terri 716 Wrote: Hi,

Apologies for this very basic question. I'm running MacBook Pro. I connected ethernet cable with IP address and its showing connected. But when I try to start Jamkazam, it has trouble loading. Should I turn off wifi? At the moment both wifi and ethernet are showing connected. Blush

Many thanks 
Hi, Terri! When you say, JamKazam "has trouble loading", what happens, specifically? Is there a message displayed or a notification on your Mac that you can share the text from?

Thanks!
Hi ?
I've just tried again but more problems.1. Ethernet cable and wifi connected. Checked with MacBook Pro preferences and both showing ok. 2. Alert message from Jamkazam saying Don't use wifi, se ethernet and restart client. 3. I turned off wifi. 4, Alert saying Firewall is blocking Jamkazam. 5. I check firewall and find Jamkazam is listed as 'allowed'. 6. Jamkazam page has message 're-attempting to load jamkazam'. Nothing happens. 6. I go to top of page to 'Manage' and select: Manage>Networking>Test Network. 7. Alert message says 'enabled wifi use lower packet rate. 8. I repeat same selection. This time alert says 'disabled wifi use lower packet rate. Each time I repeat this same selection, the alert gives the alternative message, either 'enabled or disabled. Remember, the wifi has been turned OFF all the time and I haven't touched it! On the Networking drop down menu, 'Down throttle packet rate over wifi has been ticked (not by me). 9. I return to mail menu and select>Restart client. Jamkazam closes but does not restart! Help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Terri
I connected using Ethernet (via a Ethernet to USB cable) an get this message: "No network test servers are available". So, should I just wait and try later or do I have a technical issue? Thanks - Cees Kok
(04-01-2020, 09:50 PM)Terri 716 Wrote: Hi,

Many thanks 

Hi Terri716,

Just for your info, I got a lot of problems on my OSx and since I found and apply this fix, I have no problems anymore. Please check my thread about it. Hope is gonna hel you.

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=301

Regards
A user posted this on Facebook  and it captures well the guidelines for making your network work:

Solution Idea - No Audio from others ( LONG READ ) 
Hi Jammers.
I've been troubleshooting for a week now, but I have found a solution for one specific scenario, that causes you not to hear others in a JK session. I have seen some of you are not able to jam, despite you have set up everything right (Port forwarding, Firewall...etc) so I share this... might worth a look.
Symptoms:
- JK installed, Gear properly set up, Latency fine, ready to jam
- Port forwarding or UPnP is set on your Internet facing router, and Firewall is set correctly ( JK is allowed to pass through )
- When Joining a session, you do not hear others, and they are "greyed out", occasionally you hear only 1 person, but that is very random
Possible Solution:
- Check your Router. What is your IP address that you are getting from your ISP ( Internet Service Provider)
- Now check what the "internet" sees about your IP address. Go to a page that displays your IP address.
( just google "port checker", or go to https://portchecker.co/ or https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/)

If the 2 IP addresses are different then THAT IS an issue.
Okay then what now?
Call your ISP call-center, and ask for a Public IP address.
Technical mumbo-jumbo:
It might happen that you are behind a CG-NAT (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-gr...-grade_NAT)
Simplified, that means, that your router is behind another router, but that is in control of your ISP.
So whatever you set on your router (portforward, firewall... Etc) will not be enough, as the ISP's router (that does another Network Address Translation ) will block JK traffic, as ports will not be "forwarded".
Why does my ISP do this to me...???
Most people does not need a public IP address, as they do not use services that require one. You are not publi$ng any services as a generic user, but in our case JamKazam needs to access certain ports ( UDP 12000-> ) to be in "listening" mode, therefore we need a "real internet facing, public IP" ( it does not have to be a Fixed IP, only a publicIP )
The ISP saves public IP addresses by putting the many users behind one public IP using CG-NAT, some might not even notice it.
So call your ISP, and ask if (and how) can you acquire a public IP .
If they grant it to you, you'll need to reboot your router (to get the new IP ), then check again if your ISP provided IP and the one the "internet sees" is the same.
If they are then you are good to go, if you set JK and your OWN router right, you should be able to Jam properly with others.

That was my story, since yesterday, I am a happy jammer as well...
Abridge version
Check out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38nc9M...kUA/videos for tutorials.
Also, check your connectivity with the following steps.
1. Go to your router setting and enable UPnP (or NatPNP if you have an apple router) - Call your ISP to have them help
2. Call your ISP and ask them to ensure that you have a public IP address assigned to your router and not a private one.
3. Ask your ISP to provide you with both IPV6 and IPV4 internet addresses. Otherwise you will only be able to communicate with peers who have the kind of internet address you have. You should at least ask your ISP if you have both and if not, which one. Your peers need to have the same
4. Add the JamKazam app to your allowed list of apps in your windows/mac firewall app setting

After that, try running the Network Tests. If you and everyone you want to play with pass the network test, then you should be able to get into a session. We are working on improving session connectivity, so stay tuned! Our test server is running hot, so if you do not see any warning about network setup, you can proceed to join sessions and see how it works. If you don’t have an audio interface that works in low-latency, we highly recommend the UMC204HD for low-latency jamming.
Hi all,

I'm so happy to see JamKazam help is now back. I've the same network issue with a CGN FTTH internet connection. I get a private IPv4 address and a public IPv6 address. So I'm not able to receive audio/video from others.
Is there a plan to implement IPv6 to JamKazam? 
If I disable IPv4 on my computer and only use IPv6 JamKazam didn't start.
My provider only gives me a private IPv4.
Thanks for your answer