• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoom H6 Won't Connect
Although My Zoom H6 is listed as an approved interface, and although it works fine with Audacity, it will not work with JamKazam.

JK finds the device but then says it cannot connect to it.

thank you
Hi, cstangor, and welcome!

Just a quick note about the Zoom H6 and this list: the list is not any sort of "official" list approved by JamKazam, but rather generated from forum users sharing their experiences. The post from which I culled the Zoom interface info and placement is here on the forum. You might consider engaging with the OP to see if they have had any luck.
Kevin
I can confirm the Zoom H6 does work with Jamkazam, both under Mac OS (Maverics) and Windows 10 (ASIO4ALL)
(05-04-2020, 09:26 PM)amoxitine Wrote: I can confirm the Zoom H6 does work with Jamkazam, both under Mac OS (Maverics) and Windows 10 (ASIO4ALL)

Thanks for this, amoxitine! I've updated this information in the list.

cstangor, hoping the information from amoxitine helps you!
Kevin
(05-05-2020, 11:17 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 09:26 PM)amoxitine Wrote: I can confirm the Zoom H6 does work with Jamkazam, both under Mac OS (Maverics) and Windows 10 (ASIO4ALL)

Thanks for this, amoxitine! I've updated this information in the list.

cstangor, hoping the information from amoxitine helps you!

Not helping me yet.  

The system recognizes my H6 and it all looks good but when I try to start a session I get NOT FUNCTIONING. Input device is not functioning. Output device is not functioning.

(05-03-2020, 05:13 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, cstangor, and welcome!

Just a quick note about the Zoom H6 and this list: the list is not any sort of "official" list approved by JamKazam, but rather generated from forum users sharing their experiences. The post from which I culled the Zoom interface info and placement is here on the forum. You might consider engaging with the OP to see if they have had any luck.
Kevin,

I'm not sure how to engage with the OP.  It seems one person got the H6 to work and one did not so far.

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I thought I'd see if I could set up my H6 again for Jamkazam, this time on an old Dell Latitude E5430 laptop that I made into a Hackingtosh running 10.12.6 Sierra OSX and I got it working fine pretty quick so this is what I did step by step....

1) With the H6 batteries taken OUT I plugged it into a spare USB port and powered it up to use the laptop USB power
2) I then selected Audio Interface as the mode and then Multi Track (but you can use Stereo Mode as well)

3) Selected PC/Mac (not PC/Mac using battery power)
4) Opened Jamkazam (this updated to v 1.0.3673), logged in and then clicked to create a solo session
4) I was then advised to set up my device so I then went to 'Add New Gear'
5) On the Select & Test Audio Gear I clicked Resync just to ensure the H6 is properly detected
6) Selected H6 from the drop down and then the test run automatically which showed 10.27ms latency and a I/O rate of 400 and 0.18 variance
7) Set up the tracks accordingly and was ready to jam

If you're Windows based you will need to install ASIO4ALL BEFORE you do anything else otherwise Jamkazam will never see the H6. You can download that from http://www.asio4all.org/

Also some USB ports can be a bit fussy so try another one on your computer if the above doesn't work for you

Hope that helps
(05-07-2020, 07:15 PM)amoxitine Wrote: I thought I'd see if I could set up my H6 again for Jamkazam, this time on an old Dell Latitude E5430 laptop that I made into a Hackingtosh running 10.12.6 Sierra OSX and I got it working fine pretty quick so this is what I did step by step....

1) With the H6 batteries taken OUT I plugged it into a spare USB port and powered it up to use the laptop USB power
2) I then selected Audio Interface as the mode and then Multi Track (but you can use Stereo Mode as well)

3) Selected PC/Mac (not PC/Mac using battery power)
4) Opened Jamkazam (this updated to v 1.0.3673), logged in and then clicked to create a solo session
4) I was then advised to set up my device so I then went to 'Add New Gear'
5) On the Select & Test Audio Gear I clicked Resync just to ensure the H6 is properly detected
6) Selected H6 from the drop down and then the test run automatically which showed 10.27ms latency and a I/O rate of 400 and 0.18 variance
7) Set up the tracks accordingly and was ready to jam

If you're Windows based you will need to install ASIO4ALL BEFORE you do anything else otherwise Jamkazam will never see the H6. You can download that from http://www.asio4all.org/

Also some USB ports can be a bit fussy so try another one on your computer if the above doesn't work for you

Hope that helps

Amoxitine,

Thank you SO MUCH for your detailed instructions.

I followed all of that to a T and still no luck.

I downloaded ASIO4ALL but how can I be sure JamKazam has access to it?

TIA
Thanks to kkriner for leading me to this thread. Amoxitine, I'm also having trouble connecting, and think it's related to my outputs (and that I'm inexperienced in many of the Zoom's features).

Zoom Input 1--guitar; Input 2--microphone
USB out to a USB-C adapter to Macbook Pro running the jamkazam app.
Settings on the Zoom: Audio interface/Multi-Track/PC Mac - I can see my levels OK on the Zoom
Audio settings on Jamkazam: H6 - input 1 - electric guitar; input 2 - voice; output grayed out.

Any thoughts on how I should configure differently? I'm using the USB as input/output to jamkazam. I can hear friends when doing a test session, but they can't hear me and I show up as grayed out for them.