• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Linux Client
(04-16-2020, 10:26 PM)jamjam Wrote: We will have a Linux client - at this point, two months or so seems likely estimate. It may not have video support at the start but it will have audio streaming.

Sounds great...thank you! I am looking forward to it!
I could also do some testing. I do not have much coding expierience but mainly work with Fedora 30.
Thumbs Up 
Hi Guys,

i really would appreciate a Linux client as well :-) I'm located in Germany (Bavaria) and use JamKazam on Windows with some friends...but honestly i would prefer to use it on linux nativly ( If anyone is interested: i brought Jamkazam work on Ubuntu with Wine and WinASIO...took me a long time to implement this. Anyway as JamKazam and ASIO is emulated, i have a bigger latency on my gear as natively on Windows...but it's still acceptable  Cool )
How much "bigger" latency?

Very interesting!
(04-30-2020, 12:57 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: How much "bigger" latency?

Very interesting!

Hi Hans Peter,
i had a latency on the gear approx 17ms. maybe there are some settings which can be tweaked to decrease the latancy. I will do further testings today and will provide feedback afterwards
Is there any way to ask the developers if a Linux version is going to be available any time soon?
You are already sort of asking the devolopers - with your question here

And the answer is right on top of us.

it goes like this:

"jamjam Wrote:
We will have a Linux client - at this point, two months or so seems likely estimate. It may not have video support at the start but it will have audio streaming."

And that answer is from 04-16-2020.

Look for yourself further up in this very thread
Thank you. I did see that post but I am new here and did not know that jamjam speaks for the developers as well as being an administrator for the forum.
I recommend throwing some cash at https://www.gofundme.com/f/cy2fsq-keep-j...-improving. I threw in $10 for now even though I don't use JamKazam (because I haven't installed Windows as dual boot yet on my Thinkpad Yoga X1).
Thank you, graham

In fact I dont know excactly whether jamjam "speaks for the developers".

I just assume it, reckless, so to speak - by the form and content of the remark.

Maybe I should not assume that - you can very well be right to not do that, in the first place