• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Dropouts after recent update
After the mac JK client update, we have been getting audio dropouts where I cannot hear my instruments or anyone else's instruments.  This can be instantly fixed by clicking the "resync" button, but that's obviously not easy to do in the middle of a song.

I have an exceptionally fast, wired internet connection and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen).  I can see the volume lights flickering in JK but can't hear anything and it seems to happen at random times.

Any advice?
I have experienced exactly the same problems today since updating today. Previously it has worked extremely well for me for the past couple of months. I have a fast fibre broadband connection.

I am running the very latest version of Catalina on a 2015 iMac with an Audient ID4 interface.

I can confirm the video now works, but I don't want that at the expense of a continuous audio dropouts.
I am experiencing random audio dropouts. To fix I need to restart the session. I have latest updated version of JK and running MacOS 10.15.4 on MacBook Pro. Could it be this update or my Audio Interface Zoom Hn4 recorder?
I am also experiencing audio loss. My session mate and I rarely get through a song without my system losing all audio. A restart clears it up, but only temporarily. My session mate does not experienced this audio loss. I am using a MacBook Pro 13" (2018) with Thunderbolt 3 ports running Mojave OS 10.14.6.
I am using Jamkazam build 120 "1.0.3657". My audio interface is a PreSonus FirePod.
I'll also add that my session mate(s) don't experience the audio loss and have even reported that they can still hear me even though I can't hear them (or myself) during the audio dropout.

I've moved over to a PC and while on a wireless connection and an older computer, experience no dropouts at all.
Recent MacOS thing with the update probably? Didn't tried on my Sierra MBP since last Friday, I'll try to report back.

Patrice

**If it's against the rules, please delete it Hans.

Old installer (1.0.3640) : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsCftN_jdRMFgqorE--gM0A338hq2A
(04-17-2020, 05:00 AM)Patrice Brousseau Wrote: Recent MacOS thing with the update probably? Didn't tried on my Sierra MBP since last Friday, I'll try to report back.

Patrice

Tried the old installer but Jamk wants to update as soon as it loads, is there a way around it?
(04-18-2020, 03:39 AM)diver957 Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 05:00 AM)Patrice Brousseau Wrote: Recent MacOS thing with the update probably? Didn't tried on my Sierra MBP since last Friday, I'll try to report back.

Patrice

Tried the old installer but Jamk wants to update as soon as it loads, is there a way around it?
Sorry, another user told me that update is mandatory. Maybe something to do with a plist or a file somewhere. I'll maybe look into that when time permits.

Well, reinstalled prior version, then replaced version numbering inside JamKazam.app/info.plist with the latest version. Instant crash, it doesn't work. I think you are stuck with this one.

Myself, didn't made any session since last week so I can't confirm nor infirm having dropouts, sorry.
Devs, can you remove the requirement that makes us be on the newest version until the dropout issue is fixed? Or will that cause other issues if people are on different versions? Is there an estimate for when a new version will be out or what can be done to fix this for Mac users?

Again, we all seem to have had no issues with dropouts with the older version.
(04-21-2020, 02:37 PM).zoddie Wrote: Devs, can you remove the requirement that makes us be on the newest version until the dropout issue is fixed?  Or will that cause other issues if people are on different versions?  Is there an estimate for when a new version will be out or what can be done to fix this for Mac users?

Again, we all seem to have had no issues with dropouts with the older version.

Same here. Pls devs consider the request. We would apreciate very much the option to downgrade to last version since jkz is actually the only way for our band to rehearse.

Wonder what has been modified in this update that causes our troubles....