• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASIO button missing / WDM only available
Hello everyone,

I'm new to Jamkazam and am trying to set up for the first time.  

I'm using a UA interface (Apollo x8, Thunderbolt 3) and the latest version of Windows 10 (patched).  

When I go to set up the audio interface under "Select and Test Audio Gear", I only see "(UAD2 Wave)- WDM".  

In fact, I *only* see WDM driver versions - no ASIO.  And I don't have an ASIO button, just "RESYNC".  Finally, if I go to Manage | Audio Settings | Open ASIO Panel, I get an error saying "You must first activate your ASIO device".

In any event, the test results fail on the UA Apollo WDM.  I'm assuming this will all work fine once I get ASIO recognized (I see other posters saying that UA Apollo Twin works).

FWIW the Apollo works fine outside of Jamkazam.  

What am I missing here?  Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
Grab the ASIO driver that belongs to Apollo x8.

Provided of course you not already has installed it - what it seems like.

Install it. Use it in JamKazam. Problem solved - hopefully ...
(04-19-2020, 10:29 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Grab the ASIO driver that belongs to Apollo x8.

Yeah that driver is installed.  Works fine under Studio One.

I know there were issues previously with non-64-bit apps seeing ASIO 64-bit UAD drivers...I assume that JamKazam is a 64-bit app though.
(04-19-2020, 10:40 PM)lillloyd Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 10:29 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Grab the ASIO driver that belongs to Apollo x8.

I know there were issues previously with non-64-bit apps seeing ASIO 64-bit UAD drivers...I assume that JamKazam is a 64-bit app though.

Just wanted to add:

- I've tried a separate audio interface (RME Babyface).  I get further with that, but I still only see the WDM driver available.  No ASIO.
- I've confirmed that both the Apollo and the RME have installed ASIO drivers that show up already as options in other standalone applications (like Native Instruments Kontakt).  Both the Apollo and RME have the latest driver versions installed.

So let me ask a more general question - for anyone who has JamKazam working on a Windows 10 platform using *ASIO* (not WDM) - was there something you had to do, to get JamKazam to 'see' the ASIO drivers, rather than just the WDM?
I haven't done anything special, all of the ASIO drivers I have installed all show up to be selected. ASIO4ALL, ReaRoute ASIO, Synchronous Audio Router are all just in there, didn't do anything special. They also weren't all there originally, ReaRoute wasn't installed until after I had JamKazam running originally. I didn't do anything special. Only idea I have for you is to reinstall JamKazam if you haven't tried it already. Or perhaps running JamKazam as administrator?
(04-20-2020, 03:40 PM)lillloyd Wrote:

Just wanted to add:

- I've tried a separate audio interface (RME Babyface).  I get further with that, but I still only see the WDM driver available.  No ASIO.
- I've confirmed that both the Apollo and the RME have installed ASIO drivers that show up already as options in other standalone applications (like Native Instruments Kontakt).  Both the Apollo and RME have the latest driver versions installed.

So let me ask a more general question - for anyone who has JamKazam working on a Windows 10 platform using *ASIO* (not WDM) - was there something you had to do, to get JamKazam to 'see' the ASIO drivers, rather than just the WDM?

I'm on Windows 10 (ver. 1909) and am using the Antelope Audio Zen Tour with their ASIO drivers and it works fine. A bandmate just purchased the Apollo x4 and he has the same issue as you at the moment, no ASIO to select in the JamKazam setup. If you figure out a solution please post and we will do the same. Thanks.
Will do. 
I have a friend who has an Apollo Twin as well, we're going to see if that works... Seems like there are other posts of Apollo Twins working (although not sure if they are on Mac or PC).  I would think that if someone can get anything on the Apollo range working, then it would follow that the x4/x8 etc should work (same driver?), but who knows.
(04-21-2020, 01:41 AM)jjinaz259 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:40 PM)lillloyd Wrote:

Just wanted to add:

I'm on Windows 10 (ver. 1909) and am using the Antelope Audio Zen Tour with their ASIO drivers and it works fine. A bandmate just purchased the Apollo x4 and he has the same issue as you at the moment, no ASIO to select in the JamKazam setup. If you figure out a solution please post and we will do the same. Thanks.
I bought the Apollo Twin and have the same issue.  ASIO is fine in Ableton but only WDM in Jamkazam.  I contacted Universal Audio and they said this device has had problems with Web-based apps.  

Is Jamkazam Web-based?  

I am sending mine back.  I have a Dell XPS 13 with TB3 and Windows 10.