• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording audio + video
We've done a couple of tests, recording a session with audio + video, and each time, the only video that gets recorded is the video of the person who created the session. Is that how it is, for now, or am I doing something wrong? I've tried both "my webcam only" and "all webcams" (I think that was the other option).
(04-18-2020, 09:49 PM)therealgps Wrote: We've done a couple of tests, recording a session with audio + video, and each time, the only video that gets recorded is the video of the person who created the session. Is that how it is, for now, or am I doing something wrong? I've tried both "my webcam only" and "all webcams" (I think that was the other option).
>>>
Use of video is really not recommended during playing together. It takes too much bandwidth and introduces 'noise' jitter on your connection resulting in more latency that you can do without.
We're only trying video for the first time now on JK. It's because of the stay-at-home order, ya know, we thought it'd be a way to connect with our audience...
(04-19-2020, 12:44 AM)therealgps Wrote: We're only trying video for the first time now on JK. It's because of the stay-at-home order, ya know, we thought it'd be a way to connect with our audience...

>>>
When all of you are on fiber optics and have serious network gear, it could be doable.

Like the idea though. Hang in there!
(04-19-2020, 01:05 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 12:44 AM)therealgps Wrote: We're only trying video for the first time now on JK. It's because of the stay-at-home order, ya know, we thought it'd be a way to connect with our audience...

>>>
When all of you are on fiber optics and have serious network gear, it could be doable.

If only JK could make more JamBlasters...  Smile
(04-19-2020, 12:44 PM)therealgps Wrote:

>>>

If only JK could make more JamBlasters...  Smile

>>>
Sit tight for a bit - there might be something in store re. 'playing out' through jkz.

>>>

FWIW - These people all did it 6 years ago when fibre was far less prevalent than it is today - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2reeNKtRjg
I thought I remembered seeing something like that! So was the video done outside of Jamkazam?
>>>
Yeah that's a great promo.

Mind you, these are not random living room shots of people playing at their homes.
This is a promo video from jkz, shot at set locations with prior well setup and configured equipment.
Also, as it says in the actual video: "The musicians played by ear with each other, no video, just listening and playing"
The image you see is not from webcams running simultaneously with the audio stream.

What you hear in this video is absolutely possible though!
Hmmm...was looking for a solution to the same situation "therealgps" poses above. I was in a session the other night where 3 of the 4 people participating had
cameras and there were 3 images showing on the video screen, but when I recorded the video, it only showed what my camera saw. I had assumed since I'd
seen the promos with 4 distinct frames showing the 4 musicians, each at a different location, playing in perfect sync, that this was a capability of the program.
But after scouring the various video options, I didn't see a single thing that would combine the various video feeds into one composite video showing everybody.

Oh well...