• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JamKazam transfers 2 Tracks from another player as a single non-manipulable stream
You can call me just about anything that's acceptable in a public forum ;-}

I did not understand that you are only receiving a MONO input from your peers. That doesn't sound correct to me, as I'm always getting a stereo pair of channels in each participant's track. One of my jam partners plays guitar and sings - she has 2 inputs on her interface, and has each one setup monophonic. Therefor, even though I am getting a pair of stereo channels in the track I get from here, both of her inputs are mixed in the center and it sounds like mono to me. Another jam partner I know plays multiple instruments (like me), and they are all mixed in different spaces at his end, so I hear a stereo track from him.

For myself, when I play bass guitar it's mixed in the middle, my voice is off to the side, and my keyboards are panned in different places according to my whims. My partners tell me that they hear stereo, except my voice is always off to the side (I don't sing, just converse). So I know it's working correctly for me.

I don't know how you could provide "more of me" personal mixes inside of Jamkazam, but my singer friend keeps her direct monitoring on her interface enabled, so she is getting more of herself than anyone else, though sometimes it causes phasing in her ears due to the latency. It's OK, as she is the leader of most of our sessions, and It doesn't bother me. I typically have her track level higher up than anyone else's.

Side note - I just completed a test using 2 computer systems, each with separate UDP ranges and audio interfaces. I was able to login to Jamkazam twice using my account, setup a session on one computer, then join it on the other. So yeah - you can do it! you just need all the resources to support all of the computer(s) you want to run. In theory, I could have 4 systems running concurrently on my network. Probably not going to bother with proving that since it would take me a lot of time and space (which I don't have) plus I can't really play more than 2 instruments at the same time and even then it would probably suck ;-}

Messages In This Thread
RE: JamKazam transfers 2 Tracks from another player as a single non-manipulable stream - by Zlartibartfast - 05-21-2021, 10:22 PM