• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more unassigned input ports
(05-06-2020, 05:02 AM)Yarnall Wrote: Hi Scott, et al. -

Whoa, your solutions work! THANK YOU from yet another frustrated acoustic bass player!
(What is the prejudice against us DB players?!)

My setup is:
  • 2015 MacBook Pro running OSX Catalina 10.15.4
  • A Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (3rd gen.)
  • Acoustic bass with a Full Circle pickup (1/4" patch cord into input 1 of the Focusrite) and a DPA clip on mic (XLR cord into input 2 of the Focusrite).
These TWO solutions (necessarily BOTH used in tandem, in this order) worked for me, too:

1. Totally reset the Audio Configuration. Under the "Manage" menu (top left of the Jamkazam client window), choose Audio Settings->Configuration–>Reset Audio Configuration. Say YES to do this. Jamkazam then quits, and I have to manually relaunch.  After doing this, and going through the adding of the audio gear, I too then actually had an audio track to add (progress!). 
  2. Add Instruments! I can now add an instrument (more progress!). I make sure to NOT select "Acoustic Bass" as my instrument for Audio Track 1. Instead I select "Electric Bass." This works! I use that track for the 1/4" instrument in from my Full Circle pickup. I can then add yet another track (incomprehensible progress!), for which I then select "Cello" as my instrument as this corresponds to the input from my acoustic DPA mic.
For now I have only gone this far. I now look forward to learning how to work further in Jamkazam!

Congratulations.   I was hoping maybe they had fixed this by now, but I guess it's just a couple of guys doing jamkazam as a labor of love.   Hopefully someday they'll fix it.  I'm glad you were able to find this solution.

Scott

Messages In This Thread
No more unassigned input ports - by Scott_Graham - 04-03-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: No more unassigned input ports - by AradoJam - 04-23-2020, 11:00 AM
RE: No more unassigned input ports - by Yarnall - 05-06-2020, 05:02 AM
RE: No more unassigned input ports - by Scott_Graham - 05-06-2020, 05:19 AM