• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot get low latency with USB audio gear
Thanks, StuartR. I ran LatancyMon, but could not paste a screenshot in a New Reply, my post attempt failing due to an excessive message length error (Is there a link to a tutorial on using forums for meeting. I am entering the red text portion from the screenshot.
——
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DFC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a W-LAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
———
I read the first three chapters of Glitch Free, the audio and computer for dummies overview. The section comparing the processor to a chef made me sad, since I haven’t gone out to eat for some time. Chapter 4 starts getting into the nuts and bolts of tuning. while I have come across tuning suggestions here and there, it’s good to have a comprehensive treatment of the subject and I will be working my way through it.

I am sorry that I am not able to share more results from LatencyMon, but wanted to send this quick reply out.

Thanks for your help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot get low latency with USB audio gear - by Steven Minzer - 06-23-2020, 12:24 PM