• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
audio issues since last update of JamKazam Mac client - looking for help
>>>
Running latest Catalina on a MBP here. No issues.
So, it is not "Us Mac users", but isolated cases.
Look for local issues.
Contact me when I'm online. We could go over it together.
Im here if you can help.  It might be isolated but three of my friends have Macs and are all dealing with it as of Saturday.  Hopefully you can make the magic happen.

I appreciate the offer.

Steve
(04-27-2020, 10:44 PM)stevant Wrote: Im here if you can help.  It might be isolated but three of my friends have Macs and are all dealing with it as of Saturday.  Hopefully you can make the magic happen.

I appreciate the offer.

Steve
>>>
I was online - JKZ - for the last 1,5hr ... .
Can do tomorrow? Where on the planet are you?
Im on Long Island, NY
(04-27-2020, 11:57 PM)stevant Wrote: Im on Long Island, NY
>>>
Ah, we have a bit of a time diff. (NL-Europe)
(04-27-2020, 10:36 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
Running latest Catalina on a MBP here. No issues.
So, it is not "Us Mac users", but isolated cases.
Look for local issues.
Contact me when I'm online. We could go over it together.

Dimitri, thank you very much for the offer. Should we do this all together in one jkz session or one by one? I am in Switzerland.
I also am suffering from the recent updates.  I was playing once a day in a session with six others here in Honolulu.  Now I have constant packet loss.  I have a Mac desktop computer with macOS version 10.15.4.
Same issue here. We had 6 members in a private session.
- 5 PC users
- 1 MAC user

The MAC user was able to join a session fine with 3 of the PC users. As soon as 1 of the other 2 PC users joined, the MAC user would get 100% packet loss and everyone would not be able to hear audio from the MAC user. It is always the same 2 PC users that would cause this problem. Here are the troubleshooting steps performed with no resolution.

1. Tried private room
2. Tried open session with RSVP
3. Had different people start session (but not MAC user)
4. Manually configured port forwarding on the MAC user router.

We've been on JamKazam for about 2 weeks now. Last week, we had a similar issue but it cleared up after about 20 minutes. We chalked this up to network / system issues. After the update on 2020-04-29, the problem did not go away. I suspect this has something to do with today's update.
Is there any solution to this problem yet? I have the same issue with my Mac.
(04-30-2020, 06:55 AM)raychew Wrote: Same issue here. We had 6 members in a private session.
- 5 PC users
- 1 MAC user

The MAC user was able to join a session fine with 3 of the PC users. As soon as 1 of the other 2 PC users joined, the MAC user would get 100% packet loss and everyone would not be able to hear audio from the MAC user. It is always the same 2 PC users that would cause this problem. Here are the troubleshooting steps performed with no resolution.

1. Tried private room
2. Tried open session with RSVP
3. Had different people start session (but not MAC user)
4. Manually configured port forwarding on the MAC user router.

We've been on JamKazam for about 2 weeks now. Last week, we had a similar issue but it cleared up after about 20 minutes. We chalked this up to network / system issues. After the update on 2020-04-29, the problem did not go away. I suspect this has something to do with today's update.
We scheduled another troubleshooting session last night and was greeted with a new update (2020-04-30). I was excited thinking that it may solve the problem. Unfortunately, it did not. 

This time we focused on the PC side. We tried doing the port forwarding on PC user's router instead of allowing UPnP to handle the configuration. No change. As soon as the PC user entered the session, the MAC user would go 100% packet loss and we would not be able to hear her. Strangely enough, she can hear everything going on in the room. 

We checked to ensure that the firewalls on both MAC and PC were disabled.
We tried disabling Video thinking that the latest update added livestream capabilities.
We tried having the MAC user host the session as suggested in another thread. 

At this point, we're running out of ideas. I work in the I.T. field and am comfortable with networking protocols. I'm also proficient in the PC world but less so on Mac. I know the JK folks are probably super busy these days and I'm very grateful for the service they provide. I wonder if anyone on their team is reviewing these issues and might be able to give some advice on where to look. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Ray