• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrible issues since Oct 27 update
I am in two groups that have used JK for several months. We like all have had intermittent issues, but these have generally been declining. However, I have had one session with each of the groups (totalling 7 members) since the Oct 27 update, and it has been the worst experience for some time. One member in particular gets repeatedly dropped from the session (last night even more consistently, could not get through a song without losing the drummer). In addition, individual members suddenly cannot hear other members but can be heard themselves, and can hear some but not all of the members. This has happened throughout the sessions with both groups since Oct 29.

Is this a problem with the update? Or are there refinements of settings that need to be changed with this update? Suggestions? We have been highly impressed overall, but these were terribly deflating episodes.   Huh
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com
(11-04-2020, 01:26 AM)lconway Wrote: I am in two groups that have used JK for several months. We like all have had intermittent issues, but these have generally been declining. However, I have had one session with each of the groups (totalling 7 members) since the Oct 27 update, and it has been the worst experience for some time. One member in particular gets repeatedly dropped from the session (last night even more consistently, could not get through a song without losing the drummer). In addition, individual members suddenly cannot hear other members but can be heard themselves, and can hear some but not all of the members. This has happened throughout the sessions with both groups since Oct 29.

Is this a problem with the update? Or are there refinements of settings that need to be changed with this update? Suggestions? We have been highly impressed overall, but these were terribly deflating episodes.   Huh

>>>
If you search this forum on the matter, follow the facebook group and speak with other jammers, you'll find you're not alone in this. It is yet to be resolved. I can not pinpoint the actual (up-)date but things have gradually been getting worse the last month or so.
Even with just a 4piece, rehearsing has been impossible over the last two weeks. No matter the day of the week nor the time of day.
(11-04-2020, 01:42 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 01:26 AM)lconway Wrote: I am in two groups that have used JK for several months. We like all have had intermittent issues, but these have generally been declining. However, I have had one session with each of the groups (totalling 7 members) since the Oct 27 update, and it has been the worst experience for some time. One member in particular gets repeatedly dropped from the session (last night even more consistently, could not get through a song without losing the drummer). In addition, individual members suddenly cannot hear other members but can be heard themselves, and can hear some but not all of the members. This has happened throughout the sessions with both groups since Oct 29.

Thanks Dimitri,

We really had not felt this until the last week and it was so much worse and like a gut-punch after generally improvement in our experience. Of course, we have had lots of rainy crummy weather which had play havoc with internet, and we figured that was the problem. But then, it all just blew up. We are in southern Maryland USA.
>>>
If you search this forum on the matter, follow the facebook group and speak with other jammers, you'll find you're not alone in this. It is yet to be resolved. I can not pinpoint the actual (up-)date but things have gradually been getting worse the last month or so.
Even with just a 4piece, rehearsing has been impossible over the last two weeks. No matter the day of the week nor the time of day.
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com
(11-04-2020, 02:11 AM)lconway Wrote:

Thanks Dimitri,

We really had not felt this until the last week and it was so much worse and like a gut-punch after generally improvement in our experience. Of course, we have had lots of rainy crummy weather which had play havoc with internet, and we figured that was the problem. But then, it all just blew up. We are in southern Maryland USA.
>>>
Our online band has noticed these issues as well. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that the reason may be due (partially?) to the use of network acceleration services in connecting our peer to peer sessions now. The JK team warned in their last email update that the rollout of these new services would be painful initially as the bugs are worked out.
(11-05-2020, 10:43 AM)StuartR Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 02:11 AM)lconway Wrote:

Thanks Dimitri,

>>>
Our online band has noticed these issues as well. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that the reason may be due (partially?) to the use of network acceleration services in connecting our peer to peer sessions now. The JK team warned in their last email update that the rollout of these new services would be painful initially as the bugs are worked out.
This is more than "painful" JK is close to becoming unusable. JK is not acknowledging the severity of the issues, not indicating what remediation they are considering and when, and does not seem to be able to rollback to a stable condition.
Like many others, our small group of JKers experienced the same sorts of issues that have been reported under this post.  We are hoping that these will corrected, or alternatively, roll back to an earlier release.

Mike O.

Funny, but last Tuesday we (6 of us) had the best session we have had for a while!  Dumb luck?  Maybe.  But there have been a number of changes introduced in the latest updates, so it may be worthwhile to ensure all participants are using the same settings, especially in Manage/Audio settings and Network settings.
I too have to say that the session we had last night (4 players) was relatively free of issues, despite no new updates since the prior disaster. We did not try changing from P2P to Low-latency priority routing as suggested. In addition, one of our players was connected from 3.5 hours drive time away. During the prior messy session he was less than 30 miles away.
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com

I spoke briefly with a member of the JK support team yesterday about this issue and they are aware of it and are planning to push out another client update this weekend to address it. Our band has agreed to participate in a test session with JK to verify the problem and potential solution. I'll provide an update as soon as we know more, hopefully by Sunday evening.
Stuart,

Thank you for that information. I am hopeful for a quick resolution. It is too good a tool to let this tarnish its reputation for long. I look forward to your follow-up and the corrective update.
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com