• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sliders do not affect anything
Apologies if this has been covered.  I searched and found nothing.

I am new to Jamkazam and so far have jammed a couple of times with a friend.  Things went pretty well, but setting up today today I realized that the sliders for my instrument and vocal mic don't control anything in my headphone mix.  Ditto for main mix.  Muting the channels does nothing either.  I realized that when we played I had been making level changes on the interface! 

I am using an Allen & Heath Zedi8 interface.  It has two channels in and two channels out.  The slider on the metronome does work and I can hear that perfectly.  I can also hear my friend, so I know that I am getting an audio signal back from Jamkazam.

It's probably Operator Error, but what's up?

Thanks for your help.
(05-26-2020, 02:55 AM)b-chromatic Wrote: Apologies if this has been covered.  I searched and found nothing.

I am new to Jamkazam and so far have jammed a couple of times with a friend.  Things went pretty well, but setting up today today I realized that the sliders for my instrument and vocal mic don't control anything in my headphone mix.  Ditto for main mix.  Muting the channels does nothing either.  I realized that when we played I had been making level changes on the interface! 

I am using an Allen & Heath Zedi8 interface.  It has two channels in and two channels out.  The slider on the metronome does work and I can hear that perfectly.  I can also hear my friend, so I know that I am getting an audio signal back from Jamkazam.

It's probably Operator Error, but what's up?

Thanks for your help.

>>>
I think, by your explanation, you are listening (mainly) to your local monitoring. Switch that off.
Make sure that it is the return signal from JKZ only on your headphones.
Not just for yourself but also for the rest of your peers you are playing with. When listening to your local output you will never be 'in sync' and mostly 'disrupt' sessions you are joining because of that. A lot of people get this (accidentally) wrong. Setting up the levels on your interface first is fine though.
(05-26-2020, 09:55 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:55 AM)b-chromatic Wrote: Thank you, you are correct.  Local/remote monitoring for this interface was not intuitive, at least to me.  After thinking about it all day, when I finally got on Jamkazam tonight I figured out how to turn off the local monitoring on the interface.

>>>
I think, by your explanation, you are listening (mainly) to your local monitoring. Switch that off.
Make sure that it is the return signal from JKZ only on your headphones.
Not just for yourself but also for the rest of your peers you are playing with. When listening to your local output you will never be 'in sync' and mostly 'disrupt' sessions you are joining because of that. A lot of people get this (accidentally) wrong. Setting up the levels on your interface first is fine though.