• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Router, Connectivity, Audio
I'm running JK on a Win 10 laptop connected thru a Netgear 3700 modem/router.
I added two lines to client.ini for port forwarding to port 12000, but made no changes in the router.
After launching JK, I can see, using the Netstat command, that there are 5 or 6 ports opened by Jamkazam.exe starting at port 12000 using IPv4, and more using IPv6.
It looks like JK is connecting OK.

I'm also using the built in mic and speakers for my audio at this point, and get no sound with ASIO drivers, and weak distorted sound with WMD drivers.
The latency with ASIO was 23, and with WMD 4.

Is an audio interface the likely solution to my issue(s) ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
(05-25-2020, 09:41 PM)zbook@comcast.net Wrote: I'm running JK on a Win 10 laptop connected thru a Netgear 3700 modem/router.
I added two lines to client.ini for port forwarding to port 12000, but made no changes in the router.
After launching JK, I can see, using the Netstat command, that there are 5 or 6 ports opened by Jamkazam.exe starting at port 12000 using IPv4, and more using IPv6.
It looks like JK is connecting OK.

I'm also using the built in mic and speakers for my audio at this point, and get no sound with ASIO drivers, and weak distorted sound with WMD drivers.
The latency with ASIO was 23, and with WMD 4.

Is an audio interface the likely solution to my issue(s) ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
>>>
Yes, 1. sound card/audio interface
2. no need to prowl around in .ini files. The client has this build into the GUI if you really want to do these things
3. no IPv6! This will just give you headaches.

** SEARCH ** this forum, it's all there ...