• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RME Fireface 800 WDM and not ASIO?!
Just wondering why my RME Fireface 800 shows up in Jamkazam as WDM and not ASIO? I have all the drivers etc showing up as ASIO in Cubase though not here? Am using output 5+6 on the FF800 and not anyting to do with Windows as they are off in the Bios and wouldnt use them anyway.
Am using Windows 10 64bit with an AMD Ryzen9 system.
If anyone could help shed some light on this, I would most appreciate it. Can it cause havock in JamKazam as I regularly have crashes when several times in a session.
Thank you
That you "regularly have crashes when several times in a session" should not cause any "havock in JamKazam". I think.

The last 48 hours JamKazam has gone out for me in the middle of a session like a candlelight.

5-7 times (JamKazam is very unstable for the time being)

But I have observed no havoc in that regard.

So you (we) should be safe - so long, at least
(05-18-2020, 01:45 PM)Jouleskeys Wrote: Just wondering why my RME Fireface 800 shows up in Jamkazam as WDM and not ASIO? I have all the drivers etc showing up as ASIO in Cubase though not here? Am using output 5+6 on the FF800 and not anyting to do with Windows as they are off in the Bios and wouldnt use them anyway.
Am using Windows 10 64bit with an AMD Ryzen9 system.
If anyone could help shed some light on this, I would most appreciate it. Can it cause havock in JamKazam as I regularly have crashes when several times in a session.
Thank you
Not all Win applications support ASIO (proprietary driver model from Steinberg). One example is Audacity (freeware, open source). WDM should be just fine, as JamKazam does not support 24bit audio anyway.

WDM provides low-latency (usually equal to ASIO), and it's been around for almost 20 years. Very Stable!