• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latency Issue when running session, not when joining session
(05-14-2020, 01:32 AM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: "major latency issues"!?

What is major latency issues?

Have you not read the relevant data for audio interface latency. And the internet latency and the total latency between all the participants in your sessions?

It is impossible to come with a decent answer with such sparse information.

Look here, maybe

LATENCY, mostly TOTAL LATENCY
> https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=171
Thanks Hans for the reply. Yes, I have read the relevant information on latency, and total latency. 

I am not a tech expert here and do not know what information I should be providing, hence the 'sparseness of the information'. That's why I post to the forum, which I thought was supposed to be a place where help could be asked for and given, not snark. So, what other information do you need?

Major Latency issues - I start a song and the drummer is off - he hears what I'm playing later than the actual playing. The guitar player has the same issue although the timing is a less off than the drummer. 

The drummers statistical information seems to show total latency in the 30ms range - his interface shows latency of around 10ms but the internet connection latency is longer - I apologize but I can't remember the exact information. He was showing up in the red.

The guitar's player information was better - he was often in yellow on the statistical information side during the session.
I don't know what other information I should be looking at. Please help.

The bigger question for me - I can join sessions and not experience latency and play along - at least that is what I experience, even when those people are showing up in the red, but I encounter latency with others when I run a session. Is there a setting I am missing when I run a session? Again, what information is needed to determine this?

Thanks,
Kevorargh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Latency Issue when running session, not when joining session - by kevorargh - 05-14-2020, 12:36 PM