• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impossible to set up
Does anyone else have all these issues, latency is fine I/o doesn't pass, while setting up program locks up, it is just one thing after another. I have a Zoom UAC-2 USB 3.0 interface, I can't get it to work. Message says chat mic not set up, I don't want a chat mic I have a mic hooked up via the audio interface, help link completely broken, no support whatsoever, Concept is grerat but execution sucks
(04-01-2020, 12:21 AM)jacksband Wrote: Does anyone else have all these issues, latency is fine I/o doesn't pass, while setting up program locks up, it is just one thing after another. I have a Zoom UAC-2 USB 3.0 interface, I can't get it to work. Message says chat mic not set up, I don't want a chat mic I have a mic hooked up via the audio interface, help link completely broken, no support whatsoever, Concept is grerat but execution sucks

Hi, jacksband! Can you post a screen shot of the audio gear configuration screen in JamKazam?
Kevin
(04-01-2020, 12:21 AM)jacksband Wrote: Does anyone else have all these issues, latency is fine I/o doesn't pass, while setting up program locks up, it is just one thing after another. I have a Zoom UAC-2 USB 3.0 interface, I can't get it to work. Message says chat mic not set up, I don't want a chat mic I have a mic hooked up via the audio interface, help link completely broken, no support whatsoever, Concept is grerat but execution sucks
Configuring Jamkazam is simply not possible. The supposed process is completely Kafkaesque. It is like something dreamt up in a Monty Python sketch. I've given up.
That is wrong, ricecrispies

It really is possible to configure JamKazam. Not easy - but possible.

Provided one have the right gear, so to speak.

And provided the needed help is there.

Do not run with falsehoods
(05-16-2020, 01:50 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: That is wrong, ricecrispies

Except that there is precious little help. There is no guide that explains how to interpret the bizarre error messages that JamKazam throws up. Without someone to explain it, it is pretty well impossible. I've configured a lot of things in my time. Some have been hard, but I've usually managed in the end. But JamKazam is in a whole other league.
I could also mention the kafkaesque + Monty Python.

But I will not now.

Instead, I would say that you are right that the assistance is deficient.
Not as good as it should be.

And hope you haven't given up completely

I can't say if JamKazam is "in a whole other league". I don't have much experience with such programs.

But usually I have no problems with the configuration. However, many people have problems - I know that.

"bizarre error messages"!? You must explain

About "in a whole other league".

In his way, JamKazam is obviously in a different league - than many other audio programs.

It is related to the complicated process of transmitting the sound and video between the different people - unharmed and fast

It is a long story
(05-16-2020, 06:12 PM)ricecrispies Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 01:50 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: That is wrong, ricecrispies

Except that there is precious little help. There is no guide that explains how to interpret the bizarre error messages that JamKazam throws up. Without someone to explain it, it is pretty well impossible. I've configured a lot of things in my time. Some have been hard, but I've usually managed in the end. But JamKazam is in a whole other league.

...and links to help that are broken or go to forum topics that are not created yet, saying "coming soon!" since April 6th.

Sorry, I am with Crispies here. My friend and I are having endless I/O issues. It's absurd.
Dont be sorry about being with Crispies.

We are just exchanging views and experiences.

Dont worry - be happy. lol

I have spend at least 4 hours trying to get set up.  There is no help site except these forums which so far have been no help to me.  I have a group of amateur musicians that would like to use this product but it is impossible to get it set up.  I solved the latency problem but can't get rid of constant, loud buzzing when I have earphones plugged in.  With Huh Huh
>>>

This is 'work in progress', but a lot of useful information on getting started and setting things up.

There are - a lot - of people successfully using Jamkazam on both MAC & WIN. Not all of them are computer wizards. It can be done.

https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/home

D./