• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JamKazam Says my Realtek Isn't Working
I'm trying to set up JamKazam on my Win 10 64 PC. It recognizes the Realtek audio hardware, but says it isn't working. But it is working fine.

Any ideas how to go forward?
(05-11-2020, 07:27 PM)frank.kirschner@gmail.com Wrote: I'm trying to set up JamKazam on my Win 10 64 PC. It recognizes the Realtek audio hardware, but says it isn't working. But it is working fine.

>>>
Unless an external sound card / audio interface is used any result will be sketchy at least.
Internal sound hardware is not particularly suited for this application.
It 'works' for some but results will vary even if it works.
(05-11-2020, 09:13 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 07:27 PM)frank.kirschner@gmail.com Wrote: I'm trying to set up JamKazam on my Win 10 64 PC. It recognizes the Realtek audio hardware, but says it isn't working. But it is working fine.

>>>
Unless an external sound card / audio interface is used any result will be sketchy at least.

---

Thanks for the reply.
By "external sound card/audio interface," would that include USB devices? I heard that USB devices are difficult to JamKazam. I can connect mine, if you think it would be worth the effort.
(05-11-2020, 11:12 PM)frank.kirschner@gmail.com Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 09:13 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>

---

Thanks for the reply.
By "external sound card/audio interface," would that include USB devices? I heard that USB devices are difficult to JamKazam. I can connect mine, if you think it would be worth the effort.
>>>
Yes, they mostly are connected via usb.
"Difficult"? I don't get that - almost everybody using this platform/service uses and audio interface/external sound card via usb ... .
If you have a functional audio interface, by all means do use that! It will be your best bet on getting this going properly.
Thanks.

The "difficult" was from a friend who had set up his system to work. What you say makes sense. Most people doing audio work would use a USB audio interface.

I gave up on Realtek and installed my Avid mbox. It's working fine with other applications, but JK says the latency is too high (~23 msec), even though the throughput rate is fine.

What do I do now?