• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loopback Test
I think what Richard is referring to is shown in the demonstration video for the loopback test and we see the jack is clearly taken off the guitar and inserted into the socket from which the headphone jack had just previously been removed - result, instrument input socket connected to mic output socket, hence loop....

but what I am taking away from your remarks is that the loopback test is probably more trouble than it is worth and the only testing worth doing is in a personal test session - which reassures me for one as I have struggled mightly with the loopback test, getting inpredicable/unuseable results which don't correspond with the results of the test session.

can you give us some detail on the WDM driver? this seems to be a generic term, thanks

(05-13-2020, 08:04 AM)Ian (France) Wrote: I think what Richard is referring to is shown in the demonstration video for the loopback test and we see the jack is clearly taken off the guitar and inserted into the socket from which the headphone jack had just previously been removed - result, instrument input socket connected to mic output socket, hence loop....

but what I am taking away from your remarks is that the loopback test is probably more trouble than it is worth and the only testing worth doing is in a personal test session - which reassures me for one as I have struggled mightly with the loopback test, getting inpredicable/unuseable results which don't correspond with the results of the test session.

can you give us some detail on the WDM driver? this seems to be a generic term, thanks

... and regarding testing when not in a session, this may explain my (occasional but frequent) 1000ms latency result in the looptest ("no sound") ! but that is quite puzzling, why give demonstrations/explanations which have no sense?

and as for the ping test, this is to test network latency isn't it? here we are interested in audio gear latency.... I think

Messages In This Thread
Loopback Test - by RichardRKenyon@msn.com - 05-11-2020, 05:29 AM
RE: Loopback Test - by Ian (France) - 05-12-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: Loopback Test - by Ian (France) - 05-12-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: Loopback Test - by Ian (France) - 05-13-2020, 08:04 AM
RE: Loopback Test - by bullmoon - 05-13-2020, 09:22 AM