• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JamKazam and pfSense
I just got mine going a few days ago.  I've tried some testing today which lead me to believe the requirements for configuration are changing.

So here's what I've done:

I'm on a Verizon FIOS network and I thought it was a good idea to bypass the Verizon router.  I now have a Ethernet cable between the pfSense router and the optical terminal.  All it took was running the wire and a service call to Verizon to enable the port.

The first thing to do is to check some firewall rules for your computer.  Start off with the standard stuff to make sure JamKazam has access to the 'net.  In my case I still had Windows Defender running in series with a Symantec firewall and wasn't aware of it.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to...36451.html

Here are the details on pfSense, at least what works for me as of this afternoon.  Specifying and opening up the port range of 12000 through 12010 didn't appear to be necessary, but port translation needs to be turned off.  So here's how to do it.

Set up 1:1 NAT
  • Firewall>NAT>Port Forward>1:1
  • Add a rule
  • Interface: WAN
  • External subnet IP: <IP address on your WAN>  In my case it's the Internet-facing IP address.  In your case, it might be a cable modem/router.
  • Internal IP:  Type: Single Host | Address/mask: <your computer's static IP address>
  • Destination: Any
  • Description: JamKazam
  • Save and apply changes
See if things work for you.  If not, I can write up something on UPnP or Port Forward rules to address any issues.

Messages In This Thread
JamKazam and pfSense - by stauf - 05-05-2020, 02:15 AM
RE: JamKazam and pfSense - by Vito2020 - 05-24-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: JamKazam and pfSense - by Spacecase - 05-27-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: JamKazam and pfSense - by NineEyes - 07-27-2020, 02:32 PM