• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
device sample rates do not match and are in conflict
Hello All,

I am interfacing with my Mackie ProFX8 Mixer and getting this message "device sample rates do not match and are in conflict". I tried all sample rate options with no success. The input and output settings on my laptop are set to USB Audio CODEC which was recommended in the Mackie Manual to allow all in and out signal to pass through the Mixer. I chose the same input and output options on JamKazam. I have two questions: 1.) Is the Mackie ProFx8 compatible with JamKazam and 2.) If yes, can you provide detailed instructions to interface the Mackie ProFx8 mixer correctly with JamKazam.

Also, can you recommend alternate external interface equipment possibilities that work best with JamKazam? I am eager to get connected.

Thank you
Hey I have the same Mackie issue I hope someone has a solution to allow us to use what we have...
(05-01-2020, 09:21 PM)richdbassman@gmail.com Wrote: Hello All,

I am interfacing with my Mackie ProFX8 Mixer and getting this message "device sample rates do not match and are in conflict". I tried all sample rate options with no success. The input and output settings on my laptop are set to USB Audio CODEC which was recommended in the Mackie Manual to allow all in and out signal to pass through the Mixer. I chose the same input and output options on JamKazam. I have two questions: 1.) Is the Mackie ProFx8 compatible with JamKazam and 2.) If yes, can you provide detailed instructions to interface the Mackie ProFx8 mixer correctly with JamKazam.

Also, can you recommend alternate external interface equipment possibilities that work best with JamKazam? I am eager to get connected.

Thank you
Hi, I have this mixer. The list of known working interfaces lists the mixer, the
"Mackie ProFX8v2 on macOS 10.12.6 Sierra,  usb. No drivers required. Latency was around 13ms."
Macs might be easier to setup.
Mackie's spec sheet says that the ProFXV2 uses USB v1.1

However, it appears that you are running a PC Windows10 and the ASIO4ALL USB driver.
I have an HP Elite 8200 PC running Win 10 with ASIO4All driver Mackie ProFx V2 mixer. I initially setup JamKazam as you did with (USB Audio CODEC) input and the (same) for output.  The result box was : left latency box was green at 3.8ms, the right I/O box was red and fail. I Clicked on the  ASIO button and the ASIO4All app panel popped up. The panel might be like this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          WDM Device List                                             Latency Compensation
-   Realtek High Definition Audio                       in:  16 Samples  =|=========
    _ _Realtek HD Audio Line input                    out:16 Samples  =|=========
    _ _Realtek HD Audio Stereo input                            
    _ _Realtek HD Audio output                                    Options
    _ _Realtek HD Audio Mic input                     
u >USB Audio CODEC     <------------- [Select]   _ Hardware Buffer
    u >Out:2x 32-48KHz, 16Bits   <----[Select]   Buffer Offset 4ms  ===|======
    u >In: 2x11.0-48K Hz, 16Bits  <----[Select]  _Always Resample 44.1Hz<->48kHz
                                                                    _Force WDM Driver to 16 Bit 
              ASIO Buffer Size=256 Samples
------------------------------------------------------------    [  Parachute   ] [Wrench] "big red X"           
64        128       [256]     320     512                      [resets default] [setup on/off]
-------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above is a starting point that i used. As you can see, there is room for configuration experimentation, trial and error and time. Select the USB Audio CODEC, then return to the
JamKazam setup screen and run/ repeat the latency/ i/o tests until you get two yellow boxes and go on to another screen. I could not get green/green, but did get yellow/yellow.  Once you get the OK, you should go to the [solo session] to do more tests.  My latency ended up,50ms. barely functional baseline and needs more experimenting. When in the solo session you can click the [Manage] button at top left of screen [Audio Settings]/Audio Booster].

My Plan B was to keep the ASIO driver setup and add a new external device to be listed in my personal profile. In this setup I used the PC's built in Microphone input USB and Speaker output USB WDM drivers.  After 2 setup tries, I got a [yellow latency/ green i/o] test results and passed all the 6 steps. The latency was 20ms. a usable metric to jam.  When viewing your personal profile, there is no need to delete any device setups because you can just select back and forth the setup that you want to work with by clicking the red [ACTIVATE] button.  A small white arrow appears at the end of the line of text of the setup you selected.  When you have time and more information,  you can do more experimenting with the ASIO driver setup.

A word about jamming and latency. 
When you go into an open jam session, the person with the largest latency determines the quality of the session. If your latency is 50ms, then you won't be able to jam with more than 2-3 people. If your latency is 20ms you might jam with 3-4 people. The upper limit of people is probably 8 players.  The big variable is the distance and ISP hops between players. The calculation is [your latency xx ms]+ [other player latency xx ms] +[network latency xx ms] /2=number.  For example [me 20ms|+[player 7ms]+[network 50ms]/2=[ 38.5 ]. That would be less than 50ms and a playable session. If total latency increases to 100ms, playablity gets less tolerable. The daily quality of your local internet service and location from other players has an impact on network latency.   I'm in California and have had good results jamming with players in WA, CA, AZ, NV, IL and Canada.

My present setup with the Mackie ProFx V2 mixer is OK.  As I spend more time on the JK platform I might upgrade the USB part by getting an audio interface box such as a Behringer umc 202HD or umc 204HD. Or other brands PreSonus, FocusRite, M-Audio, Mackie Onyx...The mixer can output a line level to an audio interface box.

Happy Jamming

-Jay
"the person with the largest latency determines the quality of the session" !?

Wrong!

"If your latency is 50ms, then you won't be able to jam with more than 2-3 people" !?

Wrong!

"If your latency is 20ms you might jam with 3-4 people" !?

Wrong!

I'll probably come back and develop my very short statements.

If possible, necessary and desirable.

Yes. the last two are safe. The first one is more uncertain ...

Here's something to chew on in the meantime:

LATENCY, mostly TOTAL LATENCY
https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=171
(05-01-2020, 09:21 PM)richdbassman@gmail.com Wrote: Hello All,

Thank you
Hi Rich, I'm assuming you're using a Windows PC. If so, in Control Panel, Sound, you should see Recording and Playback tabs. In those tabs, you should be able to select (click) the input and output device associated with your Mackie, and then click Properties. In the Properties window for the device you should have an Advanced tab that has an option for selecting the device sample rate and bit width. Options vary from device to device, but this is generally what you'll find with most devices. You'll want to set the input (Recording) and output (Playback) devices to the same sample rate, be sure to Apply after a change before closing Properties window. Then when you go back into add new gear you shouldn't get those sample rate mismatch complaints from JamKazam.
I have probably come to the conclusion that it is not necessary to explain why and how it is incorrect

That should actually be stated in other texts or concluded from other texts here in the forum on the matter.

As well as all sorts of other web pages about it.

But possibly it should be emphasized somehow elsewhere - likely in the starting post of LATENCY, mostly TOTAL LATENCY.

That could maybe do it