• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JamBlaster support is discontinued (per an email from Jamkazam support)
OK - I sent an email to support@jamkazam.com asking about pairing a JamBlaster, and whether the device was going to be supported.

I received a reply from peter@jamkazam.com (Peter Walker, according to the pop-up I get in Gmail) that simply states "It is no longer supported".

I replied, and asked them to post something official on this forum and the website, plus I asked "Will the Pairing and JamBlaster tabs get removed from the Audio Console in a subsequent update?".

Got a reply a few minutes later that simply said "Yes".

So... hopefully there will be a more complete statement issued. Or we'll find out that I've been hoodwinked by someone messing around with a support account at a small company.

Thought I'd pass on what I'd received.
That explains why in the last few days, my JamBlaster can't connect from the app. We paid good money for JamBlaster, only to have it no longer supported. It was the only way I know to get less than 4 millisec of latency in the audio circuits. Even a very fast PC with ASIO4ALL only gets down to about 10 milliseconds, so there goes any chance of getting GOOD overall latency.
(04-29-2020, 09:06 PM)atglabs Wrote: That explains why in the last few days, my JamBlaster can't connect from the app.  We paid good money for JamBlaster, only to have it no longer supported.  It was the only way I know to get less than 4 millisec of latency in the audio circuits.  Even a very fast PC with ASIO4ALL only gets down to about 10 milliseconds, so there goes any chance of getting GOOD overall latency.

My UMC404HD get 4.17 ms according to the audio gear screen.
Yes, I invested in a JamBlaster, too. Never even got to use it, since I moved and forgot about it. But I understand that any technology company, especially a small one, can only support hardware for so long.
Is there any way of rolling back to a previous version of the jamkazam client? I managed to get the jamblaster working fine with that version and it would be great to be able to go back to it.
Great News support for JamBlaster back on JamKazam. Mine working perfectly.
(06-11-2020, 08:14 AM)David Wilson Wrote: Great News support for JamBlaster back on JamKazam.  Mine working perfectly.
Hi David,
Can you elaborate?  I tried to pair the JamBlaster on both a Win10 and Mac Catalina system.  Win 10 Pairing menu is there but grayed out and unclickable, and Mac does not have any menus that mention the JamBlaster.  From the "About" window, what build version of JamKazam are you running?  I have JamKazam on the latest builds, though they have not updated for a couple weeks.  I bought this thing used just before the support announcement and have literally never seen it working.  Would love to try this thing out.
Thanks

Edit: Oh, if you are JamKazam CEO David Wilson, then thank you, and I'll wait for, and look forward to, the next update pushed to JamKazam.
Hi I've got mine working too now! I hadn't logged in for a few weeks so my client updated and all the pairing options had reappeared ( not greyed out). Hope to try this out properly with my bandmate who has one over the next week.
Thank jamkazam for renenabling them!
I see Pairing menus now that I installed Apple Bonjour/iTunes on Win 10. Not finding the JamBlaster, but that's a different problem (I see it on my network, just can't Pair it so that I can actually get to a configuration window).
(06-13-2020, 06:25 AM)DC1 Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 08:14 AM)David Wilson Wrote: Great News support for JamBlaster back on JamKazam.  Mine working perfectly.
Hi David,
Can you elaborate?  I tried to pair the JamBlaster on both a Win10 and Mac Catalina system.  Win 10 Pairing menu is there but grayed out and unclickable, and Mac does not have any menus that mention the JamBlaster.  From the "About" window, what build version of JamKazam are you running?  I have JamKazam on the latest builds, though they have not updated for a couple weeks.  I bought this thing used just before the support announcement and have literally never seen it working.  Would love to try this thing out.
Thanks

Edit:  Oh, if you are JamKazam CEO David Wilson, then thank you, and I'll wait for, and look forward to, the next update pushed to JamKazam.
No not the David Wilson of JamKazam fame.  Update at end of June removed support for JamBlaster. Email from JamKazam support confirmed support removed.  The new system of improvements to internet latency not compatible with JamBlaster.  Once they have solved all the Internet Latency then their may be a case to revisit this area but I see quotes of 4ms with a Behringer UMC404HD so advantage of JamBlaster over this may be too small to pursue.