• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
test servers unavailable
(03-29-2020, 12:59 PM)mike@enchantedmirror.co.uk Wrote: Good news even though I couldn't test the connection
It worked perfectly mac hardwired to router
Pnp enabled on the router Bass guitar plugged into
3rd generation focusrite solo just had to set up
The audio inputs and outputs within the jamkazam software for the solo altogether very pleased with the results
Mike,

Are you using the local headphone monitoring on the focusrite solo, or using the headphone output on your Mac?

Thanks!
Exclamation ...Let's Abolish Latency... Exclamation
(03-28-2020, 05:02 PM)Jamkazam Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 03:00 PM)mike@enchantedmirror.co.uk Wrote: cheers guys lets hope we get a reply i would imagine its very busy in the world of streaming etc

Hi all.

Over the past 2 days we've seen that the test server is under extreme load and is becoming unresponsive. The issue is under investigation.

Nothing to offer yet other than we are working on it! Bear with us!
 Hey do you have an estimate on when this issue will be resolved? I'm sure a lot of people are trying to get on with the whole world being in quarantine right now.
Just started trying to use JamKazam a couple days ago. Trying to do a Network test, and keep getting a message indicating "No Network Test Servers are available."
Music 
    HI JamKazam!

I see from this thread that you are working on the root problem as to why people are getting the message "No network test servers are available". I just joined up today and am getting that message as well as "Check your network! Your network changes packets port-numbers. This may block receiving real-time UDP packet traffic from the Internet".

I'm running JamKazam Build 1.20 - "1.0.3640" on a MacBook Pro mid 2018, with wired ethernet to Apple AirPort router with NATPMP turned on, with a static public IP on the WAN side, with high speed internet 90/90.

If there is anything i can do to help test something, please let me know. I'm a systems, software, network engineer as well as play the bass in a band.

And by the way, thanks for this awesome platform. Going on 4 weeks of not jamming with my band and i'm jonesing bad. Look forward to seeing this work... i know you can solve it. As one of my mentors in tech said when i was a wee lad "It will yield to analysis." Just keep repeating it and take a deep breath. All these people complaining are just eager to use such a wonderful system, and are stuck inside.

Peace,
backinterrapin
Hi backinterrapin

Can you tell me what your exact settings are in the Airport Utility? For me JamKazam works fine when attached directly to the internet modem, but not when going through the Airport Extreme. I tried DHCP and NAT, UDP/TCP 12000-12010 to private IP with NAT Port Mapping enabled, corresponding settings in JamKazam, to no avail (JamKazam still complains about changing packet port numbers).

Best, schristen
Hello,

I think I see the issue for east of the Mississippi. My test servers servicing my area are in Dallas, dallas.nodebalancer.linode.com.

The exchange between my system and this node is HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found (application/json) when searching for /api/diagnostics. This is preventing these tests to occur.
Hi schristen,

So i am getting the port changes messages as well. I have not been able to do verification yet. I was under the impression that i needed to do verification BEFFORE i could do a session. Is that assumption wrong?

I am ignorant about the usage of port numbers UDP/TCP 12000-12010 by Jamkazam. Where is that documented? And where do you set that in JamKazam?And you can guess by my questions, that i am NOT doing any port forwarding of the those ports at this time. Ok. i see that the ports are set in Preferences. Got it. Will try that and get back to you later... i can't do test at this moment. Thanks so much for giving me the lead.

I do have "Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol" (referred to as NATPNP by someone earlier in this thread) checked on. That is in "Network Options" shade, from click the same named button at the bottom of Network tab in AU.

Peace,
Dan
Hi schristen,

Setting port forwarding has not made a difference. Still all the same messages.

And AradoJam may be on to something. I am east of the Mississippi.

Peace,
Dan

[attachment=39 Wrote:AradoJam pid='611' dateline='1586213549']Hello,

I think I see the issue for east of the Mississippi. My test servers servicing my area are in Dallas, dallas.nodebalancer.linode.com.

The exchange between my system and this node is HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found (application/json) when searching for /api/diagnostics. This is preventing these tests to occur.

Using "Radio Silence" app on macOS, when i just open Jamkazam, it made 500 (500) attempts to connect to various hosts:
nb-45-79-61-39.dallas.nodebalancer.linode.com   MOST of the 500
lga25s63-in-f14.1e100.net -- handful
server-13-224-215-61.phl50.r.cloudfront.net -- once
104.16.113.53 -- once 
199.232.38.133 -- a few
ec2-54-165-64-41.compute-1.amazonaws.com -- once
bam-7.nr-data.net -- once
ec2-52-34-151-26.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com -- once
and a few others...

Hey JamKazam, does this sound like what is supposed to happen? Or is the mostly 500 hits on the nb-45-79-61-39.dallas.nodebalancer.linode.com server is the ramifications of the test server going comatose and having to reset every hour?

Peace,
Dan

Attached Files
.pdf   2020-04-06 JamKazam network hits upon opeining app.pdf (Size: 26.35 KB / Downloads: 15)
I opened the UDP ports but that didn't help me test the network. I'll probably just find some friends and see how a sessions goes.   My Centurylink DSL is giving about 35 Mbps up and 5 down with 26 ms latency

Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
my group is observing some odd behavior.  i can jam with the violist.  the violist can jam with the percussionist.  yet I cannot connect to percussionist(session connection is visible but greyed out stating no audio packets are being received).   i also receive the error notification stating that my router changes port numbers. (despite my use of port forwarding for udp12000-12010)

i have opened udp ports 12000-12010 on my sonicwall tz400 router. my macbook pro has firewall turned off.   i am hardwired into my router into a gigabit pipe on rcn

also happy to help debug if useful.

lmk.

thanks

(04-07-2020, 02:00 AM)interesting issue.  packet traffic against linode, cloudfront and aws.  do you know what\s actually hosted where?  anything useful to be gained from your observations?  any end user configurable debugging opportunities?backinterrapin Wrote: Hi schristen,

Setting port forwarding has not made a difference. Still all the same messages.

And AradoJam may be on to something. I am east of the Mississippi.

Peace,
Dan

(04-06-2020, 10:52 PM)AradoJam Wrote: Hello,

Using "Radio Silence" app on macOS, when i just open Jamkazam, it made 500 (500) attempts to connect to various hosts:
nb-45-79-61-39.dallas.nodebalancer.linode.com   MOST of the 500
lga25s63-in-f14.1e100.net -- handful
server-13-224-215-61.phl50.r.cloudfront.net -- once
104.16.113.53 -- once 
199.232.38.133 -- a few
ec2-54-165-64-41.compute-1.amazonaws.com -- once
bam-7.nr-data.net -- once
ec2-52-34-151-26.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com -- once
and a few others...

Hey JamKazam, does this sound like what is supposed to happen? Or is the mostly 500 hits on the nb-45-79-61-39.dallas.nodebalancer.linode.com server is the ramifications of the test server going comatose and having to reset every hour?

Peace,
Dan