• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AUDIO EFFECTS FOR VOCAL
Hello...in the RECORDING tutorial video, it indicates that you can add effects such as Reverb to your Vocal. But I cannot find that feature anywhere, pre or post recording. Anyone have any info on this?Many thanks.
The effects are not included in JamKazam. But you can add 32-bit VST software effects to your computer, and then in your JamKazam vocal channel, add the effect by pointing JK to its location on your computer's hard drive. Info on the simple but good free Voxengo OldSkoolReverb (Google to find & download) and how to configure it can be found in this adjacent post (which also covers guitar effects, but scroll thru it):
https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...koolreverb
Hope this helps
(04-24-2020, 01:59 PM)blandis Wrote: The effects are not included in JamKazam.  But you can add 32-bit VST software effects to your computer, and then in your JamKazam vocal channel, add the effect by point JK to its location on your computer's hard drive.  Info on the simple but good free Voxengo OldSkoolReverb (Google to find & download) and how to configure it can be found in this adjacent post (which also covers guitar effects, but scroll thru it):
Hope this helps
thank you very much Blandis...very helpful!

Jonathan
(04-24-2020, 01:59 PM)blandis Wrote: The effects are not included in JamKazam.  But you can add 32-bit VST software effects to your computer, and then in your JamKazam vocal channel, add the effect by pointing JK to its location on your computer's hard drive.  Info on the simple but good free Voxengo OldSkoolReverb (Google to find & download) and how to configure it can be found in this adjacent post (which also covers guitar effects, but scroll thru it):
Hope this helps
 been trying this forever and cannot get 32-bit VST Reverb to work on a JK vocal channel using the Mac client.. no success..
Guitarist (NJ USA), Home Recording Enthusiast.  
Youtube channel HomeTracks: https://www.youtube.com/user/HomeTracks
JamKazam Chain: Strat > Avid Eleven Rack > Presonus Studio 192 > MacMini > Xfiniity (18mbps up, 600 mbps down)
Sorry, Fred. I'm Windows only, so I cant help. Hopefully someone else can chime in...
(04-30-2020, 01:22 PM)Fred Cap Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 01:59 PM)blandis Wrote: The effects are not included in JamKazam.  But you can add 32-bit VST software effects to your computer, and then in your JamKazam vocal channel, add the effect by pointing JK to its location on your computer's hard drive.  Info on the simple but good free Voxengo OldSkoolReverb (Google to find & download) and how to configure it can be found in this adjacent post (which also covers guitar effects, but scroll thru it):
Hope this helps
 been trying this forever and cannot get 32-bit VST Reverb to work on a JK vocal channel using the Mac client.. no success..
I'd be interested to see if you get this to work because I'd also like to add some colour to vocal channel but since Mac has been 64-bit for a long time, I suspect 32-bit won't work. Please post if you were successful. Thanks.
I use a TC Helicon VoiceLive 3. They make other awesome vocal harmonizers loaded with vocal effects (Harmonizer Pedeal). Very handy to have with and without JK. The VoiceLive 3/Extreme. I'm a big fan of hardware based processing with JK.
(06-15-2020, 03:27 AM)GDJ Wrote: I use a TC Helicon VoiceLive 3. They make other awesome vocal harmonizers loaded with vocal effects (Harmonizer Pedeal). Very handy to have with and without JK. The VoiceLive 3/Extreme. I'm a big fan of hardware based processing with JK.

Thanks for information. Will look into it. Appreciated. Smile
(06-15-2020, 06:45 AM)Terri 716 Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 03:27 AM)GDJ Wrote: I use a TC Helicon VoiceLive 3. They make other awesome vocal harmonizers loaded with vocal effects (Harmonizer Pedeal). Very handy to have with and without JK. The VoiceLive 3/Extreme. I'm a big fan of hardware based processing with JK.

Also, Terri. Some folks on the Mac side use their DAW as a front end to JK. This requires some know-how but in theory since the DAW has plenty of effects, the routing back to JK could give you what you need. Personally, I may get around to giving it a second try because my first try resulted in latency between the Apps. Perhaps my MacBook retina doesn't have the horsepower. Others are reporting good results. I figure it's worth mentioning in case you know about this, but have not considered it since DAW have plenty of plugins.
(06-16-2020, 03:38 AM)GDJ Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:45 AM)Terri 716 Wrote:

Also, Terri. Some folks on the Mac side use their DAW as a front end to JK. This requires some know-how but in theory since the DAW has plenty of effects, the routing back to JK could give you what you need. Personally, I may get around to giving it a second try because my first try resulted in latency between the Apps. Perhaps my MacBook retina doesn't have the horsepower. Others are reporting good results. I figure it's worth mentioning in case you know about this, but have not considered it since DAW have plenty of plugins.
Hi GDJ, I had wondered about that. I've got Logic Pro on board so I might try and figure out how to use it with JK because that would give me all that was needed. Maybe someone who's doing this can shed some light on how to do it. Thanks again for posting.