• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could not initialize PortAudio library: Internal PortAudio error
Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried going into the sound settings / sound control panel and unchecked both "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" for each entry, which were both checked for my RME ASIO drivers.  Reboot, but no change.  Still the PortAudio Library initialization failure error, then it closes.  I did verify my current DAW project wasn't affected.

I am not sure what you mean by all 4 ASIO drivers.  I am using the ones exclusively for my RME Digiface and PCI card.   The presonus and focusrite only feed into the digiface via lightpipe, so they don't have drivers.  I haven't tried anything like ASIO4All.  I'm a bit reluctant to make too many major changes to my system right now because I'm nearing the end of a mixing project and don't feel comfortable taking chances at the moment.  I may have to wait until this is finished. There are upgraded ASIO drivers from RME I could install, and I may even wait on that until the project is done.  The cpuid MB drivers is a good idea too, but I also may wait on that one.  I managed to Jam for an afternoon yesterday using Jamulus which worked fine, just not as featured as JK.

Also I'll check out that crash link about shutting down your audio device first launch.  

I think I saw there was a new JK client.  If so I'll download and try that too.  Otherwise, I may just have to wait until I can be more invasive in my troubleshooting.  I really appreciate all the suggestions.  Jam on!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could not initialize PortAudio library: Internal PortAudio error - by douglasfindley@gmail.com - 04-27-2020, 12:13 AM