• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone using Roland UA-1610 Studio Capture? If so - please tell about experiences
[Image: 305882.jpg]

Roland UA-1610 Studio Capture

I have some problems with that device and JamKazam.

It works fine - in general.

But I must go in "AUDIO GEAR" - and let the program automaticaly "RESCAN SYSTEM FOR EXTERNAL DEVICES".

Nothing more than automaticaly "RESCAN ..."

Else I cant go in session. I will be "send" to gear setup or there is just coming a error message.

Not every programstart - but almost. And even after a session, when trying to start/join another session.

Actually I now go to AUDIO GEAR every time I start jamKazam and between every session - to be sure that JamKazam dont forget my device.

It is total crazy, somehow

Not good!

Actually I think it is a driver issue.

And actually I had giving up to get help here.

But now I try again

... and delete the post elsewhere about that idiotic issue

More information to come - about a maybe possible driver update, that I am very unsure about
(04-19-2020, 03:32 PM)Hello Hans Peterit is not an easy subject Wrote: and therefore i can only tell you about my experience
I tried my Behringer XAir 18 as audio interface.
it is also a multi channel interface similar to your Roland
unfortunately I did not manage to configure for jamkazam
i assume that jamkazam is not designed for a multichannel usb interface
I therefore use it as a simple mixer and go with the main stereo signal into the standard Behringer UMC202HD interface with a latency of 4.2ms.
that makes no problems.

I could also imagine that with your Roland

do you know the list:
https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=196
list of audio interfaces

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hans Peter Augustesen[Image: 305882.jpg]

1x Roland UA-1610 Studio Capture

I have some problems with that device and JamKazam.

It works fine - in general.

But I must go in "AUDIO GEAR" - and let the program automaticaly "RESCAN SYSTEM FOR EXTERNAL DEVICES".

Nothing more than automaticaly "RESCAN ..."

Else I cant go in session. I will be "send" to gear setup or there is just coming a error message.

Not every programstart - but almost. And even after a session, when trying to start/join another session.

Actually I now go to AUDIO GEAR every time I start jamKazam and between every session - to be sure that JamKazam dont forget my device.

It is total crazy, somehow

Not good!

Actually I think it is a driver issue.

And actually I had giving up to get help here.

But now I try again

... and delete the post elsewhere about that idiotic issue

More information to come - about a maybe possible driver update, that I am very unsure about

my routing
Thanks for your reply

It works fine

But JamKazam is kind of forgetting about it all the time, so to speak

So I must (all the time, so to speak) "force" JamKazam to automatically "rescan .. " and "see" Roland again - just by entering AUDIO GEAR, and leave again.

Then I usually can go in session again. Sometimes more than one "rescan" is needed, but then it works again

JamKazam can support up to 12 inputs, as far as I know.

So that is not the problem, I think.

Actually I have just been in a session with one who has 16 input - Scarlett 18i20, I belive. He used 6 or 8 - for the moment.

So ...

A solution like yours with Behringer UMC202HD would be working more secure - in this situation.

But then I would only have two channels in JamKazam.

That solution I of course will avoid.

But actually another guy in that session is forced to use your solution.

With a Scarlett 2i2 - because he has a difficult Eleven Rack. No major problems with that - Eleven Rack has only one input + chatmicrophone

It is not easy.

Thanks one more time

Yes, I know the list - I am in no need for more interfaces. I have already four. Too many, actually.

One of them I will send back to Thomann, the european device-pusher. Dont need it.

Roland should be the last and defining - lol
I have been using the Roland Studio Capture 16x10 with Win10 for a couple of weeks, but I'm only using 3 of the input channels.  It works reasonably fine.  There was only one time when JamKazam couldn't find the interface and I tried rebooting the Capture but still didn't work, so I rebooted my computer and it worked.  

The only 'issue' I had initially was that the JamKazam mixer controls were not working in my headphones but when I set the Studio Capture to monitor the USB input from the computer (instead of monitoring the inputs) it fixed the issue.  I've used it for a few sessions and it works OK.
I am of course mostly interested in the main problem that JamKazam is "forgetting" Roland.

Or Roland is "hiding" it self for JamKazam or loosing the self control, whatever.

Or whatever happens.

But then there is a another thing.

That will best be explained with the help of a image.

That will come later
Now I am strongly considering discarding the use of Windows 10 + Roland Studio Capture with JamKazam.
And go back to Windows 7 + Behringer UMC 404 with JamKazam.

Then at least it works impeccably.

But then I only have 4 inputs

It's a mess

After the last updates, the problem has only gotten worse and worse.

There may be something I can do about the problem. I will consider this in more detail.

But otherwise it's back to Windows 7 - und Co.

At first, at least

Fortunately, the 15 year old Windows 7 machine + Behringer and JamKazam still stands where I left it.

Otherwise, I was considering throwing it out.

It is a powerful gamer PC - or was in 2005.

There is nothing wrong with it, so to speak. It must last a little longer

But it is (and remains) Windows 7 - not so good.

I'm sick and tired of that nonsense.
Hi, Friend, I was using Studio Capture from long time, now days I'm facing an issue that my Studio Capture is NOT bootup from the initial turn on function. It is looks like broken. LED light was just blank for few minutes and went NO light. .......Could you please help me any one know about it...my Country have no trusted authorized service center. I'm a Guitarist  also a music teacher.

Regards and Thanks