• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone using the Steinberg UR22C?
(04-19-2020, 01:33 PM)Colin.Bryant Wrote: been struggling to get my Zoom B2.1u to work with low enough latency (and there in only one instrument input, no mic - and using chat mic invokes high latency) so took the plunge and ordered the Steinberg UR22C - like you I liked the USB3 speed. Should arrive next weekend so will report back how it goes.
Seems like a good product but it's hard to know how it will perform until it's tested on Jamkazam. Please let us know. Thanks.

(04-19-2020, 03:12 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: USB3 will likely give no improvement in speed or whatever.

I have wrote about that elsewhere in the forum.

But there can of course be other good reasons to use USB3

"the connection of the host has a disproportionate effect on overall latency in a session"!?

What host?

You maybe mean yourself!? As organizer of the scheduled session.

But it dont matter who organize/start a session.

Everyone is "equal" in a session. No difference at all!
If you're correct about USB 3 not improving the speed or latency then there's something fundamental about the technology I don't understand since the transfer rate of USB 3 is 10 times faster than USB 2. Regarding being a host/organizer of a session, if it's true a low connection speed of one person in a session can increase the perceived latency for everyone (which seems to be the consensus) then by always being in the session I would be slowing it down for everyone who joined. My use of disproportionate may have been a poor choice of words. Thanks for the info though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is anyone using the Steinberg UR22C? - by lscossar - 04-19-2020, 08:55 PM