• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MUMBO JUMBO - NOT ON MY WATCH
Here is a useful anecdote, from JamKazams GLOBAL CHAT 14 hours ago. To illustrate a point from me - in general and in particular.
Not om my watch!

It is formed like a text to a particular person - about that episode in the chat:
---

First I was asked by you:

"hans what is the most recent update to address?"

What is that mumbo jumbo?

The most recent update to adress is of course the most recent update. That is obvious.

You are maybe thinking about which part of the update that is most interesting or whatever.

Who knows what you are thinking there? I can only guess - and that is out of the question, as long as it goes.

Then you tell that "internet is same" and "after update latency is way worse"

And "but camera works now on mac catalina"

Not more than that.

Whether the camera is involved in the latency problem is not annonced.

Then you tell that you (all of you in band) was required to download a JK update this week.

I say: "Yes"

And then you tell about what date a annoncement about it was in the forum.

I say: "and then what?"

Both facts are knowned facts - and it is also irrelevant. It is total unnecesary to tell that. Total waste of time!

At last you come to the point: "... curious what changes were made in the update".

I write then: "OK - now I get what you mean"

What a waste of time, calories, bandwith, hard drive und so weiter.

It is also a waste of all readers and writers time  and so. They must endure that. 

It was then needed to tell you (and others, by the way) that you shall not waste my time.

Then there were a longer empty and useless disput, that I will not go through right here. - it will come later

One more time: Dont waste my time with vague, unclear questions and statements.

You said: "my apologies".

Which I ignored - and/or forgot, whatever.

That is of course not okay from my side, but it dont affect the big picture.

I will of course try to understand as good as I can and better day by day, maybe. I will even claim that I am a good reader and so. And good to help people to explain. But there are limits for my abilities (especially with the language - I am danish) - and there are limits for my patience.

Too many people are in general shoddy with there writings and even persist - but not on my watch.

I will have nothing to do with that - and no mercy. For purely practical reasons - no whims here, so to speak.

Enough about that. I am not angry - nothing human is foreign to me, so to speak. I have tried lot worse before.

But I will not tolerate that behaviour and attitude. If more of that I will take further actions

---
Just the raw files - so to speak

Reconstructed - due to it was gone, when I copied the text:

"Hans, what is the most recent update to adress?"

Here comes the autentic text from the chat:

Kenny Troutabout an hour agoHi Hans -  internet is same - we practice weekly

Kenny Troutabout an hour agoand after update latency is way worse

Kenny Troutabout an hour agobut camera works now on mac catalina. haha

me41 minutes agoKenny Trout, "recent update to address? " I have no idea of what you are talking about

Kenny Trout40 minutes agowe use JK weekly for rehearsal last month. this week all of us were required to download a JK update

me40 minutes agoyes

Kenny Trout40 minutes agothe update mentioned in the forum was dated 4/4. this update appeared to come out after that

me40 minutes agoand then what?

Kenny Trout39 minutes agoperformance hasn't been the same since. i was just curious what changes were made in the update

me39 minutes agoOK - now I get what you mean

me39 minutes agoyou could have said that

Kenny Trout39 minutes agoone thing i noticed was i'm able to use my camera now on mac catalina which is nice although we usually shut them off to improve performance

me37 minutes agoI am at all not sure about changes in the update

me37 minutes agogo to forum and investigate

me36 minutes agosearch on internet JamKazam version history Whatever - I have no clue

me35 minutes agodont waste my time

me34 minutes agospeak clearly, no mumbling

me33 minutes agoand incrowd language I have no time for that

Kenny Trout33 minutes agoare you talking to me?

me33 minutes agoyes - and all

Kenny Trout32 minutes agodon't waste your time? i asked the same question 3 times above. lol

me31 minutes agoyou were unclear - dont waste my time with vague staements

Kenny Trout31 minutes agolol how is it vague? what changed in the latest update

Kenny Trout31 minutes agopretty basic question

me30 minutes agoI could go the whole story through - but I will not now

Kenny Trout30 minutes agook - fair enough. you could have just said that

Kenny Trout29 minutes agowas just kindly asking if there were patch notes or anything so i knew what was new

Kenny Trout29 minutes agonothing is on the forum about it

Kenny Trout29 minutes agomy apologies

Kenny Trout28 minutes agothought i was. just asked a very basic question. was no harmful intentions behind it

me28 minutes agoYou started with: what is most recent update to address? internet is same" What is that mumbo jumbo?

Kenny Trout28 minutes agoyou skipped the multiple messages before that - in between the other guy that was posting every other second

Kenny Trout27 minutes agobecause this chat limits the amount of charachters you can send

Kenny Trout27 minutes agoso had to break it up into multiple posts

me27 minutes agorubbish

Kenny Trout27 minutes agohaha

me26 minutes agofirst after I was asking you went more clear. Dont waste my time

Kenny Trout26 minutes agois your time that valuable Hans?

me26 minutes agoUes

me26 minutes agoand much more.

me26 minutes agoYes

Kenny Trout26 minutes agoi'd say everyone's time here is valuable.

Kenny Trout25 minutes agoi'm not the first person on here you couldn't understand

Kenny Trout25 minutes agodon't take that out on me

me25 minutes agoof course - no difference

me25 minutes agobut dont talk about other banale things

Kenny Trout24 minutes agolike what? the update that made the app not perform the same?

Kenny Trout24 minutes agowasn't attacking you about it - simply asked what changed

Kenny Trout24 minutes agoand boy do i regret it.

me22 minutes agoYou started with: what is most recent update to address? internet is same" What is that mumbo jumbo? First when I tried to understand, you could explain excactly That is too bad

Kenny Trout22 minutes agoclearly you don't understand the use of "address"

Kenny Trout22 minutes agoin english

me22 minutes agoI will be Bach

me22 minutes agothen dont ask me

Kenny Trout21 minutes agoi'm supposed to know what english you understand?

Kenny Trout21 minutes agostop - i'm sorry you're having a bad day

me21 minutes agoI am regarding this disput as closed

me21 minutes agoI have no more time for that

Kenny Trout21 minutes agoyour time is valuable - we get it

me20 minutes agoJamKazam Forum: https://forum.jamkazam.com/portal.php

me19 minutes agoGood intro: JamKazam internet jamming: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gDg5...lf395fmo39

Kenny Trout18 minutes agoi'm aware of how to use the app - i've been fine tuning it for months. but after the update it did not run as smoothly. i'll keep trying and tweaking.
---
Well, that is all

[the words mumbo jumbo is not excactly the right word to use in this situation, of course - that was a error. But now I will let it be in the headline]
Politeness is a lost art these days Hans. People are used to have an answer "now" and don't even think that some of us aren't English native speaking, oh well!

Patrice

Keep the good job and I wouldn't want at all to be in your shoes.
Thank you, Patrice

I will not for the moment try to explain it all.

Your remarks is of course a important part of the history

Regarding keeping the job - I am actually loosing my lust to help, sadly.

One purpose for me to help is of course to help my self - to get more musicians to play with and better working and playing conditions.

And very important - get the nasty wireless sound out of JamKazam. They shall not pass!

And I have achieved that a long way - maybe that is enough. It must be - for now!

For the moment I am just on save flares.

We will se!

it is actually a good way to put it (see) - actions from my side will likely be very limited.
I understand Hans,

Take care and keep doing music,

Patrice
I have now simply come up with the only right thing to do if I cannot understand what is being said and asked - and see no opportunity to get a proper message in a straight manner.

Then I will simply overlook the whole whistle and move on to the next one who can speak a language that I understand without any major problems

It shouldn't cause any major problems - to me, hm!