• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamblaster not working in April 2020
Hello dear team at JamKazam,

I have a Jamblaster from kickstart project and used in past. Even last year I have used - and worked. Last week during Easter Break I have tried to use the Jamblaster then I did not get the option Jamblaster Settings under user profile. I referred back to my guide - and made sure - I have iTune, on the same Cable Network and all other things. Still no luck. JamKazam works with my other devices (ASIO) but I wanted to use Jamblaster for a different reason and unable to do so.

Please see attached guide.
Also the original URL (https://jamkazam.desk.com/customer/en/po...jamblaster) doesn't exist and throwing this error https://support.desk.com/404

Instruction "When the JamKazam app is installed, if you are using a Mac computer, you are ready to move on to the next step. Windows computer users will need to go to the download page for the iTunes application, and download and install iTunes for Windows. You won't need to run and use this application, but iTunes includes a code library that is needed for our app to find and connect to the JamBlaster across your home network. We are planning to do the work needed to eliminate this iTunes app requirement, but have not completed this work yet. We apologize for this inconvenience.

At this point, you are ready to move forward to the next step in the help topic Pairing Your Computer with Your JamBlaster."

Still my Jamblaster is not working in April 2020

Attached Files
.pdf   Pairing Your Computer with Your JamBlaster.pdf (Size: 719.97 KB / Downloads: 67)
Thanks for posting the setup document which seems to have disappeared online.

I bought a jamblaster in the Kickstarter campaign a few years back but never got round to setting it up. Now when I try setting it up I also can't see the jamblaster settings option under my profile. I have iTunes installed on my pc.

Has there been a recent update which inadvertently removed this option?

Is it working for anyone at the moment?
I ran into the same problem. I don't think it was inadvertent; they have removed all link targets for the jamblaster...like they are hiding it or something. You would think with the current state of the world, they would be making a push to get the word out again, but instead, they are screwing with some of the only people to ever put funding into their project.... I don't know if they have given up or what, but they don't respond to emails anymore. I know I will be keeping an eye out for these guys and any future projects so I can blow the whistle before anyone else gets swindled.
TTBOMK all documention on the entire JK project was lost when the servers they resided on were lost. I do not know why. 
Jamblaster specific issues really should be addressed by the devs. I’m not shure if there is a lot of knowledge among current users.
My friend was in the same boat.  Finally tried to set up his Jamblaster after a few years and couldn't get any help.  No one would answer emails or help requests through the app.  No documentation in the box.  Extremely disappointing considering the cost, granted it is 4 years later.  The software is difficult to use and has a few bugs (to say it nicely).  Still, when it works and people have a good setups it is great.  I would gladly pay for this service if they could iron out some of the kinks.  They will never have an opportunity like they do right now to get this thing going and sell it (which is the obvious end game for them).

Back to the original question.  We did eventually get the Jamblaster to "work".  It was not a great experience.  No app for the phone.  The software did not see it until we connected a usb cable between the jamblaster and the computer (ethernet cable between the Jamblaster and the modem).  Then go to the menu at the very top and select "Manage" --> "Pairing JamKazam Clients" --> "JamKazam Clients".  There you should see the Jamblaster (at least we did).  I think we just had to select it and tell it to connect or pair.  Then a message displayed saying to press the button on the back of the jamblaster to confirm pairing.  You have 60 seconds to do this.  Once we pressed the button the light on the Jamblaster that was fla$ng green turned solid green and a message displayed that said the pairing was successful.  That was it.  We could not get any video with this setup however.  Also there is no headphone volume control on the Jamblaster which is far from ideal.  Otherwise it worked.  

Here is the link again, for reference - thanks to Att Rah, that was posted above (Jamblaster setup instructions - just incase it helps).  Essentially the same process, but we needed the usb cable and had to go through the menu path I listed above:
https://forum.jamkazam.com/attachment.php?aid=69

Good luck!
Thanks djs for posting this!

I followed the procedure you set out and managed to pair my jamblaster. It seemed to work fine in a solo session, now I need to test it out with my bandmate who also has a jamblaster. Can't wait to see if this thing delivers finally!

In fact I was also able to get it to pair without the usb cable, so it seemed to be doing it wirelessly too.
(04-21-2020, 08:57 AM)Hermeto fan Wrote: Thanks djs for posting this!

I followed the procedure you set out and managed to pair my jamblaster. It seemed to work fine in a solo session, now I need to test it out with my bandmate who also has a jamblaster. Can't wait to see if this thing delivers finally!

In fact I was also able to get it to pair without the usb cable, so it seemed to be doing it wirelessly too.

Glad to hear it!  Best of luck.
Thanks for this post. I found and installed the Bonjour service for Windows, then I think I eventually installed iTunes itself. Played with the Manage | Pairing Jamkazam Clients menu entries, and suddenly my Jamblaster is working. I was able to connect to a session with 2 guys in Tampa, FL from Austin, TX. Apparently I was "red" to them, and they were "red" on my screen. But my local dot is "green" and shows good numbers.

Have to try it in a real session later and see what happens.
The difference between you seeing green and them seeing red is probably the internet. It could just be the distance, but could be other issues as well. I have had my friends send me a screen shot or pic of what they see on their side for my numbers. It is very helpful. I wish JK would tell you what they see for your own numbers.
To revisit this: Went back the next day to try to join a real session with the Jamblaster, and the system wouldn't recognize it. Then it thought that it had 16 inputs, and that my previously configured mics on In1 and In2 were now stereo on In1/In2 and In3/In4 respectively. Was VERY strange. Never got it working, and had to deselect the Toggle Pairing Capability to try and stop the Jamkazam app from always defaulting to the Jamblaster (I still have my UMC4040HD connected as an optional interface).

Ended up unplugging the power to the Jamblaster and restarting the Jamkazam app to try and use the other interface. Was extremely frustrating.