• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoom R24 & Windows 10 - Latency Issues
Hi, I have a Zoom R24 on a Macbook Pro 2011 running on OS Yosemite (not Windows 10, I know, but the changes below may help).
R24 is recognized by Jamkazam but latency was not good. After many tries, I found the following:

1. Sampling rate at 44.1 actually gives you poorer latency, counter intuitive to Jamkazam's instruction. When connecting the R24 to the PC with USB cable only (no power source), I couldn't change it, it would show 44.1 on the display. However when connecting it also using the power source, it showed 96.0.

2. When setting up the interface on Jamkazam, don't select input and output to use the R24. Select R24 for Input, but build-in output for output. This improves latency by almost 10ms. Only downside is that you'll have to plug in your headphones to your computer.

All of these changes reduced latency from 24 ms to 13 ms. Last week, at around 18ms, we got great sound between our band, all within 5 miles of each other in the Boston area, but we couldn't jam, latency was an issue. Will try again this week, asking all other band members to do the try 1 and 2 also.

My general concern is that using the formula they show, the only way to get decent experience is to almost be down to 10ms... and I don't want to buy any new equipment or pay for more internet speed...

What's curious is that wifi or wired made no difference.... I have a municipal network provider, fiberoptic cable + wifi... 35Mbps upload and download speed, so guess that helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zoom R24 & Windows 10 - Latency Issues - by martinpadilla76 - 04-19-2020, 04:24 AM