• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoom R24 & Windows 10 - Latency Issues
hi Jock,
I have a Zoom B2.1u for my bass. When I connect it by USB it is automatically recognised by Windows 10 and installed with a WMD driver with minimal tweaks possible. Latency in a solo test session shows red as 20ms, problems with WMD driver (orange) and frame rate 10 (red). I can reduce frame rate in the JK 'manage>audio settings>audio booster' but that increases jitter to red. I tried an ASIO driver from Zoom which was recognised and installed OK but JK crashes when testing.
Now the point of my reply - I downloaded and installed ASIO4all driver and got a lot more control in the JK 'new gear' selection. Playing with it I now have latency at 6ms driver shows green, frame rate is 2.5 and jitter is green. So far OK but still get variation on above each time I start JK, still experimenting. Hope this helps.

Update - although this looked good when I tried a solo test record I couldn't hear my bass (or the chat mic, but I couldn't record that before even though the record chat option is selected). When I tried it in a test session with my mates they couldn't hear me either - so back to the WDM driver (at least they can hear me even if there is a delay). Got a Steinberg audio interface on order - try that next week.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zoom R24 & Windows 10 - Latency Issues - by Colin.Bryant - 04-16-2020, 07:50 AM