• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Audio from JamKazam (Windows PC); native RealTek Devices
What sound device are you guys using in the Audio Gear setup in JK? Anything WDM is pretty much not worth the effort, too much latency. Some realtek chips support a "Realtek ASIO" which works well, I have it on my laptop for testing the built in mic.

If you're attempting to use ASIO4ALL, I have't had much luck with the on-board realtek sound personally. JK says latency unknown in setup, and even getting past that, I can't ever seem to adjust the buffer size, so audio latency is stuck up at 30 ms.

There is a bit of a complicated workaround involving route audio through a DAW (this has the added benefit of being able to use and effects/plugins on your audio as well). I found this post here (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=158500) and it has opened many doors for me and my bandmates to reduce latency through different avenues - one guy uses his realtek sound device, but WASAPI sound driver in Reaper for ~8ms latency, another guy couldn't adjust ASIO4ALL unless the Reaper was in control of ASIO4ALL instead of JK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Audio from JamKazam (Windows PC); native RealTek Devices - by marhdeth - 04-22-2020, 04:45 PM