• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up buffer size with Presonus AudioBox
I am going to answer my own question somewhat, as I have managed to find a way through this and it may help someone else.

It seems to me the JK is setting the ASIO buffer size to what it thinks is good, in my case that was the default (or smallest) of 16, which in reality I know will give pops and bangs in use. There seems to be no direct way of setting the specific size that you want directly in JK, however if when it does the audio test it fails, it gives a link to a "tweek settings" below where the test results are. I could not get this as I always get green on the test, so I loaded the system with other apps so that the CPU was maxed out and then I managed to get the test to fail and could get to the link!!!!!

There are 3 options on the dialog that you get (can't remember exactly how they are labelled, but basically slow, medium, fast. It was on fast, so I changed to medium and JK changed to the ASIO buffer size to 256. I then toggled to slow and it set the buffer size to 128. These seem the wrong way round but no matter to achieves what you want in changing the ASIO buffer size to something more usable.

You can save all that and the restart the JK client and look at the ASIO setting dialog and prove that you are now seeing 256 or 128 depending on what you set. If that is all good, go into the test session and then open up from the Manage menu Audio Setting/Audio Booster. AS well as changing the buffer size JK will have changed "Maxium Outgoing Music Bitrate" and "Audio FrameSize", you can set those back to 320 and 2.5 respectively.

You should now be good to go!

Fro those interested the settings are stored in the Audio.ini file in the AppData area and if you grab copies for the file with different setting you can work out how to edit the file and change the ASIO buffer size as you need. Make sure you make a copy of the original before hacking around!

If anyone from JK is reading this, it would be great if the "tweek setting" link could be made available even when the test passed, then you could make the changing much easier.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting up buffer size with Presonus AudioBox - by johnm - 04-13-2020, 12:05 PM