• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up buffer size with Presonus AudioBox
Interesting solution. However, for those not tech savvy, it could be an headache. At least, it's a working solution.

Somebody mentioned the same with Presonus and MacOS?

My buddy has an Audiobox but he is going to setup an M-Audio FW410 in the next few days.

Me, I'm ok with my Roland.
Agreed, I posted a nice thorough how-to here: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=537. But still, has the potential for headaches. I still say the overall best solution would be for JK to implement their own ASIO request settings.
Thanks to Tom Dill, this was very helpfull. My StudioLive 24R works now with JamKazam. I figured out an easy method to let the audio test fail and get into the "tweet stettings"- menu.
1. open Universal Control
2. start the dialog to add a new audio gear in JamKazam
3. After choosing the ASIO-driver for the 24R, JamKazam first is testing the latency and then testing the in- and output-Jitter. This test takes 10s. Change the buffersize in Universal Control to 2048 before the Jitter-Test passed. This will let the Jitter-Test fail and you get the link to the "tweet settings".
4. As Tom Dill wrote, select "slow" which will adjust a buffersize of 128 and a framesize of 10ms in the ASIO driver. "Moderate" will udjust a buffersize of 256 and a framesize of 5ms.
5. When you are in a session yo can change back the framesize to 2.5 ms in the "audio boost"-menu

I hope this will help some presonus-user
(04-13-2020, 12:05 PM)johnm Wrote: ... There seems to be no direct way of setting the specific size that you want directly in JK, however if when it does the audio test it fails, it gives a link to a "tweek settings" below where the test results are.  I could not get this as I always get green on the test, so I loaded the system with other apps so that the CPU was maxed out and then I managed to get the test to fail and could get to the link!!!!! ...

Thank You for that hint, that was huge help for me. I also found a "tweak settings"-link – at step 6 of the "audio gear setup", on the left. I followed Your instructions, went back to step 2, checked the ASIO settings (buffering size was modified), clicked the resync-button etc.

(05-10-2020, 05:00 PM)Josch Wrote: Thanks to Tom Dill, this was very helpfull. My StudioLive 24R works now with JamKazam. I figured out an easy method to let the audio test fail and get into the "tweet stettings"- menu.
1. open Universal Control
2. start the dialog to add a new audio gear in JamKazam
3. After choosing the ASIO-driver for the 24R, JamKazam first is testing the latency and then testing the in- and output-Jitter. This test takes 10s. Change the buffersize in Universal Control to 2048 before the Jitter-Test passed. This will let the Jitter-Test fail and you get the link to the "tweet settings".
4. As Tom Dill wrote, select "slow" which will adjust a buffersize of 128 and a framesize of 10ms in the ASIO driver. "Moderate" will udjust a buffersize of 256 and a framesize of 5ms.
5. When you are in a session yo can change back the framesize to 2.5 ms in the "audio boost"-menu

I hope this will help some presonus-user
Thanks a million for this. This has let me fix the occasional input/output jitter problems I was having with my audiobox USB 96. Everything was generally green, but I would get an occasional pop in my headphones and then both the jitter lights would go red - 30, 60, even 100ms, just for a second or two. Even on my own in a private session it was very obvious - and the metronome became seriously uneven. With these settings, I now have slightly greater latency, but still just under 10ms, but without the occasional catastrophic hold-ups.

This is on Windows 7. On my Macbook pro, I don't seem to have these problems. Neither machine is particularly new.