• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network says using WiFi, actually using cable
Both my drummer and I are trying to set this up, we're both in the same geographic area, using the same ISP ( Xfinity) both using Cat 5 cables directly connected to our routers, and the network setup says it cannot determine if we are directly connected, and it does not recommend using WiFi. Both using Windows 10 home. Where should we start reconfiguring our network settings ( if necessary) ?
(04-11-2020, 10:53 PM)Ken Peterson Wrote: Both my drummer and I are trying to set this up, we're both in the same geographic area, using the same ISP ( Xfinity) both using Cat 5 cables directly connected to our routers, and the network setup says it cannot determine if we are directly connected, and it does not recommend using WiFi. Both using Windows 10 home. Where should we start reconfiguring our network settings ( if necessary) ?

>>>
Oké, but does je app & service run?
Can you connect?
Can you create a session?
We're going to try tomorrow. We were hesitant to attempt if we couldn't "pass the initial test" so to speak. Will report back when we try.
You know, i think i noticed a message like this somewhere in the App recently. I ignored it knowing WiFi was disabled. I considered it an erroneous message along with other app notifications I know not to be true. However I am still able to proceed with my setup and attend and create sessions.
(04-11-2020, 10:53 PM)Ken Peterson Wrote: Both my drummer and I are trying to set this up, we're both in the same geographic area, using the same ISP ( Xfinity) both using Cat 5 cables directly connected to our routers, and the network setup says it cannot determine if we are directly connected, and it does not recommend using WiFi. Both using Windows 10 home. Where should we start reconfiguring our network settings ( if necessary) ?
Might be a Silly question, but did you turn off your WiFi when your cable is connected? Our tech guy said it’s a must.
Rackmount computer, does not have Wi-Fi. Drummer still working on sound card issues, so we've tabled this for a while.