• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is port forwarding required?
Hi All,

I've been using the platform since the beginning and haven't changed my settings since then. I've been experiencing some latency issues with another musician recently so I decided to check all of my settings. I noticed on the main preferences window that it has a setting for "The first port the client will open" and it mentions setting up port forwarding for that port and the next 10. Is that only required if you're selecting the "Always use same UDP ports" above? FWIW I have UPnP enabled on my router.

Cheers,
Chris
(04-10-2020, 04:07 PM)catalano2@yahoo.com Wrote: Hi All,

I've been using the platform since the beginning and haven't changed my settings since then. I've been experiencing some latency issues with another musician recently so I decided to check all of my settings. I noticed on the main preferences window that it has a setting for "The first port the client will open" and it mentions setting up port forwarding for that port and the next 10. Is that only required if you're selecting the "Always use same UDP ports" above? FWIW I have UPnP enabled on my router.

Cheers,
Chris

No, not required.
Latency can have several causes. 'Jitter Queue' in internet traffic seems to be an issue for many.

I tested with 'fixed' and forwarded ports myself end did not notice any difference.
(04-10-2020, 09:00 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 04:07 PM)catalano2@yahoo.com Wrote: Hi All,

Cheers,
Chris

No, not required.
Latency can have several causes. 'Jitter Queue' in internet traffic seems to be an issue for many.

I tested with 'fixed' and forwarded ports myself end did not notice any difference.
 Ok. Thank you.