• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UDP Blocked?
Hi I'm getting the UDP ports blocked message. I've tried a bunch of things (below) to fix it but I'm now stuck. I'm using windows 10 via a wired nowtv router.

1) I added both incoming and outgoing rules to windows defender firewall for UDP

2) I went to the router settings (NowTV - UK) and added an inbound rule to allow all UDP to a pratucular IP (that's all it would let me do). I set the destination IP to be the dynamic IP address allocated by the router to the laptop on the wired connection (determined using the ipconfig command), and "Access from" to "Any".

I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?Do I need to redirect ports in the router to the computer? If so which one(s)?

Thanks

Derek
Derek, I've attached a file I found on Jamkazam about router settings. It didn't solve my particular problem but maybe it will sove yours.
(04-10-2020, 02:35 AM)David G Wrote: Derek, I've attached a file I found on Jamkazam about router settings. It didn't solve my particular problem but maybe it will sove yours.
Did you try to run jkz on a dedicated portrange (of your choice)?
You could try to investigate if your ISP blocks certain portranges for UDP traffic.
Configure the app to use allowed ports, ideally a range of 10, I see jkz 'claiming' only 5 mostly on my system.
I've tried a bunch of stuff in the router/ setup (including various different port ranges), and a different PC (a mac this time) and I'm coming to the conclusion NOWTV simply blocks everything incoming for IPV4 connections. Reading the help text an incoming network can only be unblocked in the IPV6 firewall, and not IPV4:

"It is not possible to configure IPV4 inbound firewall rules in carrier grade network connections."

Anyone know anything about this? Any way round it? (e.g. can JamKazam be made to use IPV6?) Is this common for UK based Internet providers?

D.
I am getting the same issue

I have a sonicwall and i opened ports 12000-12010 per the preferences settings
I also opened the ports on the windows firewall for outbound and inbound
I made sure to use UDP but still cant connect
it is also saying test network unavailable.
I also had the UDP port blocked issue, on a recent iMac running latest OS (Catalina OS 10.15.4) and Fios. I tried all the tweaks: designating a range of ports, make sure JamKazam is permitted by the firewall, turn off firewall off completely, reboot computer, reboot router, etc. Nothing worked.

Finally, I just deleted JamKazam from my Mac and reinstalled it. I believe I made the settings exactly as before, but it just worked. I've jammed 3 times now since then.

Maybe something had gotten corrupted that the reinstall replaced, or maybe I simply changed a setting that I'm unaware of, but my suggestion is to delete and reinstall the app, lame as that might sound. At worst, this will be like the suggestion to reboot computer or router.

Good luck.
Not sure if this helps... but my router has the ability to set up DMZ so I specified ports 12000-12010 be forwarded to my IP address from the jkz IP address which you can locate using tracert at command line. DMZ allows for firewall to be active but use a "pinhole" for jkz. Works for me... at least now... I tried jkz 5yrs ago and it was not useful due to latency... hoping its all good this time.
(04-12-2020, 05:07 AM)DL4932 Wrote: Not sure if this helps... but my router has the ability to set up DMZ so I specified ports 12000-12010 be forwarded to my IP address from the jkz IP address which you can locate using tracert at command line. DMZ allows for firewall to be active but use a "pinhole" for jkz. Works for me... at least now... I tried jkz 5yrs ago and it was not useful due to latency... hoping its all good this time.

>>>
'DMZ' places the designated computer directly in 'the big bad world of internet' and 'outside' your LAN. You sure you want that? Let's not tell people to do this unless they are fully aware of what they are doing and know how to handle such a situation. Otherwise there will be a massive new botnet lurking ... .
One of our band members on Sky internet got this message. He had to turn off parental controls via the Sky account management page, which fixed it.
I had a look at the default windows firewall settings for this program and i note that they have also enabled TCP.
i am going to try enabling TCP on the same ports on my hardware firewall and see if that works