• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arturia Virtual Instruments in JK
TIA for your help.

I'm jamming a few times a week with musicians spread around the USA west coast using JamKazam. Until recently, I used physical instruments only (a Nord and a Hydrasynth) routed through a mixer and into my PC via a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4. I connect a mic to the Scarlett, too, for chitchat and "singing." That all works fine.

Then I got an Arturia Keylab 61 mk2 and started discovering the world of Arturia virtual instruments. As a person who grew up with Wurlitzer, Rhodes, and other electric pianos, ARP, Moog, and the rest of the world of analog synths and string emulators, etc., I can't believe the quality of sound and expression these tools make available. Naturally, I want to use them in my online jams. That's where things get tricky.

Via controls in the Focusrite UI and the JamKazam Audio Settings UI, I was able to use a loopback feature to route the output of Arturia virtual instruments to JamKazam, and my collaborators could hear them. Yay - sort of.

Using loopback also loops the other jammers' audio back at them - it creates an echo loop. Not yay.

I'm hoping someone familiar with these pieces can provide pointers on signal routing.

Thanks again,
Ben