• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band connect with one remote member
Hi Dimitri
Thanks for responding.
My interface is a Behringer UMC404HD. Rather than having a switch, it has a mix control that allows me to pan between the input and playback.
I keep it fully panned to the playback end. This allows me to hear the session with no direct input feed from me.
At the other end the interface is a Zoom L-20 mixing board located in a studio 40 miles away where the band jams.
The band members are all mixed directly into the the board using pedals/amp simulators etc. My feed from Jamkazam is also added to the main mix.
All band members rely on the main mix through the boards individual headphone/monitor outputs. There is only limited live sound in the room.
Since this main mix (which includes me) is what I am sent from the band end I hear myself coming back to me in the session mix.
We have recently come up with a fix that works . I was hoping to confirm this in person before posting but this is how I understand it:
The board operator copied the main mix settings with me included into the individual headphone/monitor sub output settings.
Then muted my input from the main mix of the boards main output which is the input chosen in JamKazam to send to me.
Since I'm no longer in the the main mix sent to me through Jamkazam I no longer hear myself coming back in the mix. Delay/echo gone!
We have about a 26ms delay (interface + internet) which Jamakazam reports as typical. Works well for us and everyone is amazed how good it
works.
When I do get to talk face to face with the board operator I'll confirm that my understanding is accurate so I don't mislead anyone.
Thanks again
Rick

Messages In This Thread
Band connect with one remote member - by Rick F - 01-31-2024, 05:15 AM
RE: Band connect with one remote member - by Rick F - 02-13-2024, 07:53 PM