• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Updates in More Than a YEAR!
(01-26-2023, 12:18 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 02:49 PM)B.J. van Hoek Wrote: "But...
Just when we were so happy about the Beta video feature, our rehearsal today was seriously crippled by a non-functioning video.
... .
Too bad as we finally had it all up and running 100% good."

>>>
Bruno, pls bear in mind that you are trying to use a "Beta" feature of the software.
This means it is not ready yet for general release/use and can contain bugs and unexpected/unwanted behaviour.
I just tried to use the Beta vid and this time for me it was functional (also showing 'Texas' as loc. on both ends) but I also have found it not to be at times.

If you absolutely have to have video with a JKz session, there are other means online to achieve this (just the vid function, also P2P, and free), to tie you over until the official JKz release is there. (I do not know of any timeframe for this, we just have to be patient I guess)
There is however never a guarantee that (online) simultaneous use of audio and video will not impair each other.

Yes, it's a BETA. That's kind of the point. How long has it been BETA? How long will it remain BETA before it is truly available and reliable?

When will Recording return to some shadow of functional? More than a year ago I made a wonderful recording. Now it won't even reliably START, much less actually produce a useful recording. I sense a drifting backward here.

Support always replies. They are nice and they try to help. They just don't have any answers or progress.

And while personal setup maybe a problem in some cases, how do we get help to FIX that issue instead of just blaming it on the user?

And where is that long promised all-powerful official release I've heard about for months?

(10-26-2022, 10:00 PM)Sticks Wrote: Hello,

The JK support works great for me. If I'm not happy with something I just click on the on the red 'Thumbs down' after a session. I always get an email from support very quick, usually the next day. These responses from JK Support are not automated, they are from real people. They helped me out a few times over the past 2 years and now my JK is configured well and JK performs splendid. Changing the Video settings (when setting up a session) from 'Standard' to 'Beta' gets rid of the crackling noise, which many people describe in this Forum. I had the same issue. Now the crackling is gone and we always have the camera's running. Sometimes our sessions have 6 or more people and take up to 3 hours. No crackling, acceptable latency, great video.
Some of the players are 2500 miles away!

I don't have one reason to complain about anything on JK.
It didn't work well when I started, but the Support team always helped me setting things up the right way.
Main reason for my good experience is that I took the lead by rating a session with Thumbs Down.
I don't want an update, I don't need an update.

I guess I'm the lucky one in this Forum!

Good for you, Sticks! Yes, I guess you are the lucky one.

I cannot recall EVER receiving an unsolicitated response to a thumbs down at the end of a session. I have to reach out to Support. They do reply, but never very much to offer except a "planned" update in a few months. Maybe I complain too much and they don't like it.

(01-20-2023, 05:03 PM)Sticks Wrote: I had the Support team helping me this week (January 16, 2023) with a minor issue, it was solved within 25 minutes.

Whoever posts in this forum that there is no support at JK, these people are wrong and not telling the truth. Bad!
Saying I am wrong and not telling the truth is a step you should not take. Bad!
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com

Messages In This Thread
No Updates in More Than a YEAR! - by Tony Diamond - 08-20-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: No Updates in More Than a YEAR! - by dannydep - 08-22-2022, 08:55 PM
RE: No Updates in More Than a YEAR! - by Sticks - 10-26-2022, 10:00 PM
RE: No Updates in More Than a YEAR! - by stenio - 10-28-2022, 02:02 PM
RE: No Updates in More Than a YEAR! - by Sticks - 01-17-2023, 03:20 PM
RE: No Updates in More Than a YEAR! - by Sticks - 01-20-2023, 05:03 PM
RE: No Updates in More Than a YEAR! - by lconway - 01-31-2023, 04:55 PM
RE: No Updates in More Than a YEAR! - by Sticks - 01-23-2023, 05:39 PM
RE: No Updates in More Than a YEAR! - by Sticks - 01-23-2023, 07:41 PM