• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac OS Monterey with Moto M2
I've just upgraded to a new MacBook Pro with Monterey and using JK has been a disaster so far.

The others in the jam all seemed to get on fine so it looks as though the issue is with my set up.

If I open a jam on my own it's showing latency of over 11s which is way over what it used to be on my old setup.  I have installed the latest Motu driver so maybe there's an incompatibility with that?

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Just to add - The Motu seems to work fine with Logic Pro so the AI itself does seem to work
As an update I found this link setting out some additional steps necessary to install the Motu driver. This has brought my latency down from 16ms to 6ms and so seems to be correctly installed now. I need to get back onto JK to try it but this has certainly resolved one issue.

https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/a...audio-inst
(07-05-2022, 08:14 PM)Cobbyco Wrote: I've just upgraded to a new MacBook Pro with Monterey and using JK has been a disaster so far.

The others in the jam all seemed to get on fine so it looks as though the issue is with my set up.

If I open a jam on my own it's showing latency of over 11s which is way over what it used to be on my old setup.  I have installed the latest Motu driver so maybe there's an incompatibility with that?

Just to add - The Motu seems to work fine with Logic Pro so the AI itself does seem to work

I also upgraded to Macbook Pro and Monterey. JK initially was a disaster. Not it's just one wheel off the track. I use Focusrite 2i2

Make sure your sample rate is consistent, usually 48000, selected in the Mac Audio Midi Setup, and anywhere else. Fixing that, and the latest Focusrite driver, got my latency to 6.6 @ 2ms. I also had to delete my Audio Gear and reinstall a few times, reboot computer...That took me from disaster to one wheel off the track.

NOW, I have a lot of jitter and trouble joining sessions, pops and clicks, etc. Friends are saying I'm connecting with ARS rather than P2P, but I can't seem to change the Connection Path. I have a call scheduled with JK soon, hope to have it resolved.
(07-12-2022, 03:30 AM)pnahass Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 08:14 PM)Cobbyco Wrote: I've just upgraded to a new MacBook Pro with Monterey and using JK has been a disaster so far.

I also upgraded to Macbook Pro and Monterey. JK initially was a disaster. Not it's just one wheel off the track. I use Focusrite 2i2

Make sure your sample rate is consistent, usually 48000, selected in the Mac  Audio Midi Setup, and anywhere else. Fixing that, and the latest Focusrite driver, got my latency to 6.6 @ 2ms. I also had to delete my Audio Gear and reinstall a few times, reboot computer...That took me from disaster to one wheel off the track.

NOW, I have a lot of jitter and trouble joining sessions, pops and clicks, etc. Friends are saying I'm connecting with ARS rather than P2P, but I can't seem to change the Connection Path. I have a call scheduled with JK soon, hope to have it resolved.

What you have sounds like my problem now. Latency seems OK and jitter seems to be the problem and it does seem to be the new laptop.

We had another session tonight which was terrible for me so I switched back to my old MacBook Air and it all worked fine.

I will also try and talk to JK but would be interested to hear how you get on with them. Thx