• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distorted sound caused by webcam?
Hello,

I have an annoying situation going on, maybe there is someone who can help me to solve this issue.

Problem:
I am in a session and have very good sound and can see other musicians if they turn on their webcam.
So far everything works just fine.

As soon as I turn on my own webcam (Logitech C270 HD) I hear some sort of sound distortion in my headphones, it sounds almost like hissing.
When I turn off my camera the sound is clear again.
I did disable the camera's microphone without solving the problem.

Does anybody know what I have to do to fix this?

Thank you in advance!
Stay safe!
>>>
Colleague of mine has a similar experience but only when activating his second cam (other view) hooked up via USB.
This makes me wonder if it is a bandwidth issue or perhaps the sharing of the (internal) USB-hub is causing some static/overload on that system component.
Another possibility is a driver issue. Is everything 'up-to-date'?
> Tamacti Jun <
(10-19-2021, 09:48 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
Colleague of mine has a similar experience but only when activating his second cam (other view) hooked up via USB.
This makes me wonder if it is a bandwidth issue or perhaps the sharing of the (internal) USB-hub is causing some static/overload on that system component.
Another possibility is a driver issue. Is everything 'up-to-date'?

The camera setting is correct, up to date and connected via USB. I get questions from others how my setup is because my audio and video is in sync or at least close to being in sync.
Only my own audio is affected as soon as I turn on my camera.

Not that it is a big deal since music is for the ears   Wink

Thanks Dimitri!
Stay safe!
(10-18-2021, 03:02 PM)Sticks Wrote: Hello,

I have an annoying situation going on, maybe there is someone who can help me to solve this issue.

Problem:
I am in a session and have very good sound and can see other musicians if they turn on their webcam.
So far everything works just fine.

As soon as I turn on my own webcam (Logitech C270 HD) I hear some sort of sound distortion in my headphones, it sounds almost like hissing.
When I turn off my camera the sound is clear again.
I did disable the camera's microphone without solving the problem.

Does anybody know what I have to do to fix this?

Thank you in advance!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,  with regards to clicking, I had same issue when scrolling Ultimate Guitar tabs on my W10 NUC PC and my Audient iD14 interface. To correct this clicking I went into the Windows Task Manager/Details and looked at the Priority of my Audient iD14.exe running and noticed it is coded at "Normal" Priority only. I set the Priority to High and it resolves the issue. In my case i only have a 2 Core i5 CPU so it has to be well tuned to handle USB/ASIO traffic. If I reboot my PC I have to remember to go back in change the priority. Hope this helps!
Audient iD14 mk-1 Audio Gear @ 48KHz/2.5ms Frame Size, Gold-256Kbps @ 4.16msec Latency
Windows 10 Home, Intel NUC Gen6 i5 6260U CPU @ 1.8GHz 
                                   16G Mem. 1000Mbps Ethernet, Cat-6 cable to Router
iSP: Fiber To The Home (FTTH) 330/330Mbps with Ping=1ms / Jitter=0.6ms approx.
Thanks John, I will check how my priority is set.
Stay safe!