• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JamKazam Dying?
Hey, every time I log in there is basically no one on or only 1 or 2 sessions is JamKazam dying? Have people moved onto another platform?

I am looking for other people to jam with playing mostly rock, blues, alternative, etc. I am not into Elton John or bubble gum music.

Contact me if you're interested please, Chuck
(08-23-2021, 04:05 PM)ChuckVA Wrote: Hey, every time I log in there is basically no one on or only 1 or 2 sessions is JamKazam dying? Have people moved onto another platform?

I am looking for other people to jam with playing mostly rock, blues, alternative, etc. I am not into Elton John or bubble gum music.

Hi Chuck,

I noticed the same.
From my experience I can tell you that I am playing more and more live gigs again since Covid restrictions are mostly gone at the moment.
I have lost a fair amount of interest in JK since I'm back playing live and rehearsing with my band once or twice a week.

I think you only have to wait until Covid gets strong again with new restrictions.
That will make JK big again. For me too.
Stay safe!
(08-23-2021, 04:05 PM)ChuckVA Wrote: Hey, every time I log in there is basically no one on or only 1 or 2 sessions is JamKazam dying? Have people moved onto another platform?

Summertime = less folks on.  Wait 'till winter.
(08-25-2021, 12:23 PM)Terles Wrote:

Summertime = less folks on.  Wait 'till winter.
Hi, 

people go to free platforms, as Jamulus or Sonobus, or just like me go to both of them, waiting for someone to be available. 
But as Jamkazam does not work correctly from several weeks, I'm not sur I will continue to pay my monthly contribution,
rather expensive when you don't find anyone tyo play with ... As you wrote it's summertime, people will come back in september ... 
I hope so, or I will leave ....
Well, there are many more sessions going on on JK nowadays. JK is far away from dying. I am online 4 times a week and it is amazing how many sessions are running each night. Even the upcoming session list is pretty long.
Stay safe!
(09-17-2021, 01:35 PM)Sticks Wrote: Well, there are many more sessions going on on JK nowadays. JK is far away from dying. I  am online 4 times a week and it is amazing how many sessions are running each night. Even the upcoming session list is pretty long.

I don't know when you're on but it still is the same for me, just went on again last night and the few sessions that are on are people that make you RSVP and don't let you in or I went into another session and they complained they were just working on settings, then I went to another session and the first thing I hear is "Did you let Chuck in?" followed by this guy telling the other person how to restrict the session and let only certain people in or how to kick people out, it's not only just less sessions but now very cliquish.
(10-07-2021, 01:16 PM)ChuckVA Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 01:35 PM)Sticks Wrote: Well, there are many more sessions going on on JK nowadays. JK is far away from dying. I  am online 4 times a week and it is amazing how many sessions are running each night. Even the upcoming session list is pretty long.

I don't know when you're on but it still is the same for me, just went on again last night and the few sessions that are on are people that make you RSVP and don't let you in or I went into another session and they complained they were just working on settings, then I went to another session and the first thing I hear is "Did you let Chuck in?" followed by this guy telling the other person how to restrict the session and let only certain people in or how to kick people out, it's not only just less sessions but now very cliquish.

>>>
I'm on almost daily and find a lot of 'open' sessions, some just talk (I leave again most of the time) and some really enjoyable. I also am admitted to 'RSVP' ones regularly, also some just talk (I mostly leave) and others nice and sometimes even good sessions. I also just start a 'public/open session' myself and let myself be surprised by who joins in for some fun. And yet, not every day is like the last. It can be 'busy', it can be 'quiet', or somewhere in between.

It's known that more and more 'RSVP-sessions' or 'join by approval' occur, some because they want to be 'private' at that moment (we have to respect that), others to have control over who joins (also understandable). Many good sessions are/were 'disturbed' by people coming in with blazing guitars/drums/keys/tv/radio/kids/pots&pans/noise and whathaveyou. Also by people joining without paying attention to the latency(distance) to the peers already playing and start to 'play along' anyway, completely out of timing, and thus killing it for everyone else.
Another annoying habit of some is the total lack of setting up their gear and levels properly and coming in with clicks & pops and/or distorted (too strong/in the red) sound.

Just go online regularly, join and/or start many different sessions, cherry pick the peers you enjoy playing with and send them a friend request. Build your own little "clique".
> Tamacti Jun <
I agree with Dimitri, no doubt.
My 'friend' list not very long. If I am inspired by another musician I send a friend request, and vice-versa.
By using JK on a regular basis you get to know the names of people playing - or just talking in sessions.
I did not think about it before I read this post, but I have to admit that I have my own clique(s) too.
There is also a certain etiquette JK users should follow. Many do, but unfortunately there are also people that do not understand that.
JK made my day on several occasions because I had the opportunity to join a few sessions which made me a better player.

Happy playing all!
Stay safe!
Finding jams has always been a challenge. Most like myself have multiple platforms to bounce between.