• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming sessions stuck on "... Searching ... "
Hi

for some time now, every time I go into "Find Sessions" and "Upcoming", I get a ... Searching ... which never resolves. Open jams shows anything happening ok but Upcoming seems to have stopped working for me.
I've tried reloading the Jamkazam App - I'm on Windows 10 - but it hasn't helped. Jamkazam version is Build 2.00 - "1.0.4048".
Can anyone shed any light on what could be wrong, please?

Many thanks
Chris
(07-24-2021, 12:32 PM)Meregill@btinternet.com Wrote: Hi

for some time now, every time I go into "Find Sessions" and "Upcoming", I get a ... Searching ... which never resolves. Open jams shows anything happening ok but Upcoming seems to have stopped working for me.
I've tried reloading the Jamkazam App - I'm on Windows 10 - but it hasn't helped. Jamkazam version is Build 2.00 - "1.0.4048".

Many thanks
Chris

>>>
Hi Chris,
Just checked, same result here (both Win & Mac).
I actually created one to see if it would show up. Nope.
Did you file for support?
> Tamacti Jun <
(07-24-2021, 01:46 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 12:32 PM)Meregill@btinternet.com Wrote: Hi

Many thanks
Chris

>>>
Hi Chris,
Just checked, same result here (both Win & Mac).
I actually created one to see if it would show up. Nope.
Did you file for support?

>>>
Hi Dimitri,
Yes, I raised a support query and received the following from tech support ...

"I apologize for this inconvenience.
The upcoming session feature is currently under review for maintenance as there are reports of problems with it. The engineering team has been notified and will restore the functionality of this feature as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience while we work through these issues."

Hopefully it'll be addressed reasonably quickly as it's a pretty important feature in Jamkazam.
Hi Chris,

I have the same issue since a few weeks.
Thanks for contacting JK support.

Have a great week!
Stay safe!
In my opinion this is a standard "canned" response from support,  the problem was reported months ago.

this function is the heart of JK,, without knowing what's upcoming, you can't
join a exciting new session
you can't create a jam in advance for others to join.
and much more.

i notice that the open jams have dropped as have the active sessions considerably
because of this "upcoming search function'  PEOPLE HAVE LOST INTEREST IN JK!!

If i make a mistake and remove something important in my software it's because i didn't know
that function was in use by the end user,, so i return it , and work on the other fixes in the meantime.

mike
I reported the same issue and sent a further two reminders. They must have got hacked off with me as i got the following reply, so dont hold your breath for this one to be resolved-"Upcoming" is one of the main functions in my opinion but clearly not a high priority in JK administrators minds.

Hi Brian,
This is a known issue, and it in the queue to be fixed. We have been largely focused on getting the product to be more stable. We have a substantial list of outstanding issues, and while this may be your highest priority, there are a number of other ways you can join sessions, so it's not at the very top of the list.

It will likely appear in an update at some point, but I'm unable to say exactly when.
Best,
Bob Merrill
JamKazam Customer Support

Huh Huh Huh
>>>

Dear Jammers,

Had a quick word with support on this matter and it is fixed now!
'Upcoming' list is available and filled like before. Enjoy!

D./

NB - thank the support/dev team! (I was just the messenger)
> Tamacti Jun <