• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEMPO ISSUES IN JAMTRACKS
Music 
Good morning dear community fellows,
Hope you can help me with the issue below:

- I purchased 3 jam track licenses so I could use them to practice.
- I downloaded the individual tracks on my PC and opened them on my DAW (Pro Tools)
- I noted that the tempo of the downloaded files does not match with the tempo of the DAW session. Even the clip track I downloaded, it starts on the grit but soon it comes out of tempo as the song moves forward. 
- I read the problem could be related to the sample rate of the files. I checked it and made sure I use a  Pro Tool session with the same sample rate as the fle (48 kHz), yet still the misalignment of the beat. 

ATTACHED IMAGE 

Has any one of you had similar issues and came up with a solution?
What is the point of having a click track among the jamtrack packet if the click won't be fixed at any specific tempo?

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any assistance you can provide.
Regards
Mig Man

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Don't know much about Pro Tools, but if I saw that in Logic, I would conclude that I had the wrong tempo setting in the DAW.

Logic has a tempo detection function that is MOSTLY accurate (not perfect but useable). I'm betting that Pro Tools does too
(06-20-2021, 11:17 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: Don't know much about Pro Tools, but if I saw that in Logic, I would conclude that I had the wrong tempo setting in the DAW.

Logic has a tempo detection function that is MOSTLY accurate (not perfect but useable). I'm betting that Pro Tools does too
 Hi Zlartibartfast,

Thank you for your reply. 

I think tempo in the DAW is correct and concluded that tempo in the audio file is wrong  (not a periodic beat).

Pro Tools also has a tempo detection function. I just applied it and confirmed that the song tempo (file downloaded from JK) has a an erratic tempo that varies along the song.

Please see attached image.

Is there a way to download the track withe correct and steady tempo from JK? 

Thanks and regards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Perhaps the issue is with the Jamtracks themselves. I have 5, and they are not all of the same recording quality, but they all have a steady tempo when loaded into my DAW.

I don't know where all of the tracks are made (probably all over the world) . If some recordings were made on analog tape, then I would not be surprised to see tempo or pitch errors.
(06-26-2021, 04:59 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: Perhaps the issue is with the Jamtracks themselves. I have 5, and they are not all of the same recording quality, but they all have a steady tempo when loaded into my DAW.

I don't know where all of the tracks are made (probably all over the world) . If some recordings were made on analog tape, then I would not be surprised to see tempo or pitch errors.

Thank you very much, Apreciate your response.