• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoom Q2n-4k as a webcam
Has anyone tried using a Zoom Q2n-4k video recorder in web cam mode to provide audio and video for Jamkazam?   The camera in webcam mode is only 720p, but it should be fine at that resolution, and it has a great mic for live music.

If anyone has gotten a Q2n or Q2n-4k to work, can you also plug in a line-in to the Zoom to get the video and line-in audio out of the webcam?  Or must you plug the line-in into the computer, hence video from the Zoom and audio from the line-in.
Using the Zoom Q2n as a video source is probably possible. But using it in conjunction as an audio device is probably not possible. Audio and video are separate functions on JK.
(03-29-2020, 01:25 AM)mabalot Wrote: Using the Zoom Q2n as a video source is probably possible. But using it in conjunction as an audio device is probably not possible. Audio and video are separate functions on JK.
Thanks for the reply.  I did get the Zoom web cam video to appear a few times, but now JK just seems to pop up a blank video screen and crashes sometimes.   I’ll need to do some troubleshooting. 

I think I should be able to plug the line-in to my computer so A & V are separate signals.
you can setup the Zoom Q2N-4K as your web cam in the video setup.

then go to audio setup:
select new gear:
select Zoom Q2N-4K for input, complete the setup process (all 6 steps).

*the biggest hurdle is the latency if you use BT headphones. Use Zoom IN & Zoom or System OUT with wired phones make sure to test/adjust your bitrates properly. Either way you'll be 'tethered' to either the Zoom headphone out or the System (Mac/PC) Out jack.
Thanks Karl-

I got the Zoom Q2n-4k in web cam mode setup and working for video. Could not get it working for audio simultaneously.

However, I got my Yamaha EAD-10 (acoustic drum interface) to be recognized and working for the audio which is great. I was struggling with this for ever, then realized there was an "undocumented feature" requiring that I install a Steinburg USB driver for Win10 to recognize the USB interface from the Yamaha box.

Only issue now is that the video is somewhat delayed from the audio. Not sure if there's a setting for that in JamKazam.

Also waiting for a long LAN cable to arrive so I can get off of WiFi.

Take care-
Mark
on Mac, the 'manage' menu in the tool bar has video setting
(03-29-2020, 10:16 PM)Karl Kaminski Wrote: you can setup the Zoom Q2N-4K as your web cam in the video setup.

then go to audio setup:
select new gear:
select Zoom Q2N-4K for input, complete the setup process (all 6 steps).

*the biggest hurdle is the latency if you use BT headphones. Use Zoom IN & Zoom or System OUT with wired phones make sure to test/adjust your bitrates properly.  Either way you'll be 'tethered' to either the Zoom headphone out or the System (Mac/PC) Out jack.

Hi thanks for this post. I curious what your audio latency is with this Zoom device.

Andrew
Well the latency is going to be affected by your sample rate configuration:

I set the Apple Audio Midi settings to 48k 24bit rate:

Q2n-4K Audio IN / Default Audio OUT:
L11.33 I/O R400, V.18

using the HXStomp (USB2.0)
Q2n-4K Audio IN / HXS OUT:
L10.27 I/O R400, V.15

but using my MOTU inference (FW400) as an output source its even lower:

Q2n-4K Audio IN / MOTU OUT:
L8.88 I/O R400, V.37
Thanks for the detailed info.  That helps. Now off to figure out why connecting video seems tricky....  Guess that's another thread

Have a good one

Andrew
(03-30-2020, 02:42 AM)415drums@gmail.com Wrote: Thanks Karl- 

I got the Zoom Q2n-4k in web cam mode setup and working for video.  Could not get it working for audio simultaneously.

However, I got my Yamaha EAD-10 (acoustic drum interface) to be recognized and working for the audio which is great.    I was struggling with this for ever, then realized there was an "undocumented feature" requiring that I install a Steinburg USB driver for Win10 to recognize the USB interface from the Yamaha box.

Only issue now is that the video is somewhat delayed from the audio.  Not sure if there's a setting for that in JamKazam.

Also waiting for a long LAN cable to arrive so I can get off of WiFi.

Take care-
Mark

Hi Mark,

I have my Q2N in Webcam mode, but how do you set it up in Jamkazam?

It is not appearing in Videogear.

Thank You